Hi new to martial talk

SethG

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Seth and I thought I would introduce myself. I actually heard of this site from a very good friend and long time training partner, fellow student, and now co-instructor of Modern Arnis, Dalum.

He has informed me of this site and what a great resource, you come very highly recommended.

Anyway, on my backgrond, I started studying Arnis at age 15 before that not too much formal martial arts. I continued studying and my instructor worked in other styles such as american boxing, wing chung, muay thai, and more. Once I left for college at Michigan State I studied Hopkido with professor Kim, who himself is an 8th dan in TKD as well as was the Coach for the MSU Judo team.

Now, I am not the most proficient street fighter, but I do enjoy fighting theory and body mechanics. I am a thinker and hone and develop new forms, and motions of my students and fellow trainees.

Thank you, and I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone
-Seth

[email protected]

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Seth.

Look around ask some questions, and chime in and give us your thoughts.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rich

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Seth! I look forward to your posts. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Happy Posting :wavey:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Looking forward to your contributions to MartialTalk! Welcome! :wavey:

- Ceicei

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
SethG said:
Hello all, my name is Seth and I thought I would introduce myself. I actually heard of this site from a very good friend and long time training partner, fellow student, and now co-instructor of Modern Arnis, Dalum.

He has informed me of this site and what a great resource, you come very highly recommended.

Anyway, on my backgrond, I started studying Arnis at age 15 before that not too much formal martial arts. I continued studying and my instructor worked in other styles such as american boxing, wing chung, muay thai, and more. Once I left for college at Michigan State I studied Hopkido with professor Kim, who himself is an 8th dan in TKD as well as was the Coach for the MSU Judo team.

Now, I am not the most proficient street fighter, but I do enjoy fighting theory and body mechanics. I am a thinker and hone and develop new forms, and motions of my students and fellow trainees.

Thank you, and I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone
-Seth

[email protected]

Hya Seth! Nice to have you with us.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
welcome to the forum
Yake your time and look around the site I'm sure there is a lot you will find interesting.
Let us know more about the Martial Arts activeity on at MSU

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!! Enjoy your stay!:ultracool

Mike

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Seth! :wavey:

Welcome to MT. You're friend is right about this being a great board. I look forward to your contributions as well.

Happy Posting!
:asian: