Heya Guys

Johnny-sama

White Belt
Reaction score
Just thought I'd introduce myself to the community.

I've always been interested in martial arts all my life (being Chinese, and martial arts is deeply rooted in our culture. It's a noble thing in our eyes), but I've been practicing martial arts on and off since I was a kid... I started off with Taekwondo, and stuck with it for something like 6 years. My master was a strict man who didn't believe in the use of body armor, and trained us hard. I then had to move out of the country, so I had to stop. I haven't been able to find a TKD club who did the same thing as my first master since. I still find the use of body armor odd..., and still believe that getting kicked in the face is a good incentive for learning evasion.

As I went along, I've had encounters with a number of different martial arts. My grandfather (on my mother's side!) is a martial arts master, mainly in Chinese martial arts. He taught me a few moves, few enough that I could remember them despite never being able to get over the language barrier (I'm a city kid with an English education. He was village raised and speaks only some Chinese dialect). Apparently he trained one of his sons to kick so well, said son killed another man who was a goalie in football (soccer to you Americans) with a kick. Don't know how that turned out, but it's a family story nonetheless.

My sister used to practice Aikido, and I once challenged her master with a few questions. Let's just say..., it felt good being thrown to the ground in one move. It changed my perspective on combat, and it was there I started to develop even a sense of what the fighting arts really are.

Tried a few other competitive sport martial arts..., until I chanced upon Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu. It was here that I started to become interested in battlefield arts. Competitive sport martial arts is great..., but having once desired to be a soldier in the US Army and working campus security has shown me what sports lack -- Realism.

But let's not argue about what's realistic and what's not. I also practice to achieve enlightenment in life..., though admittedly, that goal has taken a back seat in the face of college and work.

I hope to blend in smoothly to MT soon!

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to a awesome forum and enjoy your visit here. I am :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...