Help!!

mcleod13

Orange Belt
Reaction score
O.k. I have a very serious problem.. O.k. It isn't too serious but it is a problem nonetheless.

I am an idiot (that isn't the problem) and I bought a pair of shock doctor compression shorts to wear when I train. Anyway, I didn't wash them first and some of the color ran off of the shorts to my dobok. I have a light blackish tint on the butt of my dobok. It kind of looks like I poopooed in my dobok panties.. Grr.. They are Adidas Adichamp.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my pants white again? To make matters worse, noone sells just the pants for Adidas uniforms. GRRR!!!

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
First, don't machine dry your pants. This will only set the dye into the uniform.

You can try a variety of cleaning agents. I would first go for a combination of a good detergent like Tide combined with Oxyclean. Rub a paste of the two directly into the stains and let sit for a few hours before you launder normally. If the dye still hasn't come out, you might try a petro-based cleaner like Goop and M1. Those are used by mechanics to clean their hands. Dab on generously on the pants after they have air-dried and then let sit for a few hours. Launder as normal.

If that still doesn't work, I've never tried toothpaste, but my wife told me it can be used to clean stains off white clothing.

OP
mcleod13

mcleod13

Orange Belt
Reaction score
First, don't machine dry your pants. This will only set the dye into the uniform.

You can try a variety of cleaning agents. I would first go for a combination of a good detergent like Tide combined with Oxyclean. Rub a paste of the two directly into the stains and let sit for a few hours before you launder normally. If the dye still hasn't come out, you might try a petro-based cleaner like Goop and M1. Those are used by mechanics to clean their hands. Dab on generously on the pants after they have air-dried and then let sit for a few hours. Launder as normal.

If that still doesn't work, I've never tried toothpaste, but my wife told me it can be used to clean stains off white clothing.

Dang, the pants have been machine dried on the Very LOW heat setting. When I washed them, I thought it had come out and it wasn't until they dried that I could still see it in there. I have tried spray and was and something I bought from the dollar store and it didn't work.

I know it is probably too late but I am looking for a miracle.

OP
mcleod13

mcleod13

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Bleach them!

Stuart

Normally I would. However, It says don't use chlorine bleach and while I have to bleach for colors but I don't know how much to use and I don't want to take the chance of ruining my pants.

Grrr..

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Normally I would. However, It says don't use chlorine bleach and while I have to bleach for colors but I don't know how much to use and I don't want to take the chance of ruining my pants.

Grrr..

You could try putting a small amount of bleach on the waistband of the pants to see what the effect of the bleach is going to be before actually trying it on the big stain. I don't think it's going to hurt them.

Besides, if you have a huge stain on the butt of your uniform pants, what more can you do to really ruin them, other than wearing holes in them?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
hints from Heloise...

Anyhow, plain white vinegar has great bleaching properties, combined with baking soda, you can give that a try.

If there is no colored piping on the pants you can try a hardcore item like color remover, iron out or yellow out. Follow the instructions, that stuff is potent, not to say toxic.

Bleach turns fabrics, especially poly blends yellow, not tweety bird yellow, but your pants could get a yellowish tint. Not a big deal when it's all over, but concentrated in the butt area.... ;) but in all likelyhood you won't see it. Just don't leave the bleach on it for a long time, or it will eat the fabric away.

For future refrence, when I get a piece of clothing I suspect might run in the wash, I put some salt and vinegar in the first wash, that helps set the dye. No scientific amounts, just dump some in.

Good luck!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Get the clorox beach stick and use it just in that area, it will do the job.

Latest Discussions