Help Looking for SHORT-SLEEVE sweatshirt

S

Spud

Can anybody point me to a short sleeve sweatshirt? Google comes up empty. Nothing at Russell Athletic's website nor Champion's.

:idunno:

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Normal Long sleeve Sweatshirt + scissors + small amount of needle and thread = Short sleeve Sweatshirt.

:asian:

OP
S

Spud

There you go being logical. But who want's to pay for the extra sleeves that aren't used. And spud with a needle and thread is a scary sight.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
LOL.

Any time I do something like that, I keep the excess around for rags/patches. Who knows when you're going to rip something and need to patch it.

And yes ladies, I am one of the few apparently... A straight guy who knows how to sew... :D

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spud, don't you have anyone (woman) to help you with that? I would buy matching or dark rib trim because it has to be gathered slightly to fit the bicep otherwise it will just stretch weird. My advice, buy a sweatshirt and 3/4" to 1" wide ribbing at Walmart, take it to a local cleaners that has a sewing service. Really an easy thing to do. If you want do more than one because it will cost less per item in the long run and when one is in the wash, one is available. That is if you really want these. I've never seen a short sleeve sweatshirt and I've worked for a screenprinter for all kinds of shirts.

Hey OuMoose, good for you! I noticed my son is really good at sewing. He learned in junior high-required course. He sews all his camouflage bags, rips in his paintball stuff so he got really good at it. TW

OP
S

Spud

Champion customer service returned my e-mail, they don't have 'em.

Sounds like I'll have to cut one and get the ribbing done. We're without a sewing machine so I'll visit the Korean couple who hem my gi's.

And I'm proud to say I also took sewing in high school. The only guy in the class. But I made a bivy sack and a simple tent - saved some serious cash. Long simple lines with easy zippers, I can handle that.

Thanks for the advice.

Latest Discussions