Hello

T

topjet2

Hello, I have been looking for an active martial arts message board and stumbled upon this one. I am about a year into training in a traditional jujitsu school. I enjoy the art very much. I originally joined along with my son for something we had in common and I ended up enjoying it much more than I originally thought that I would

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk! A lot of folks get into it because of their kids and it's always great to hear this point of view.

Happy posting and enjoy!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome TO MT..Many have stumbled onto this place by accident and have stayed...Enjoy you stay.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello and welcome, topjet2. I entered martial arts in much the same fashion. :)

I look forward to your posts.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, TopJet! If you're looking for an "active" board, you've sure come to the right place!

I'm sure you'll be glad to join us here. Happy posting!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask any questions you may have!:ultracool

Mike

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, topjet2. Your story pretty much mirrors my own. I think you'll find everything you're looking for here. I did. We'll be glad to provide any help along the way we can. :)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome, I see you also train with your son, we have alot of people on this broad that trains with family. Its a great feeling to have some extra cirriculum along side your son.
Terry

OP
T

topjet2

Thanks for the welcome. Actually now I have convinced my wife and my daughter to join and they both are enjoying it as well

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome topjet2. I have the experience of enjoying MA with both my daughters as well. I look forward to your posts! :wavey:

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
topjet2 said:
Actually now I have convinced my wife and my daughter to join and they both are enjoying it as well

That's wonderful. Truly.

I will unfortunately never convince my wife to think twice about martial arts. I do hope my son and daughter will someday come to enjoy it though.

I'd love to train with them. ... Their front kicks look like total crap. I think they're using this whole "I'm 3 (years old)" thing as an excuse.

I'm glad you have so much going for you. Very nice.

OP
T

topjet2

When me and my 10year old son started, my wife was pretty much not interested. Afer she saw that we were having fun and constantly talking about it she decided to give it a go. My daughter is seven and she is more interested in just being with some of her friends, although she does truly enjoy putting me in an armbar.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sounds so nice Topjet2.

My husband, like Navarre's wife, has no interest in MA. He does, however, shoot in Air Rifle competitions which both my girls are into. It's nice cause I share MA with them and they share his passion with him. :)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi topjet2! Welcome to the board. My 12 year old son and I both study Kung Fu, my daughter prefers basketball. My husband has no interest in MA but is supportive of my training, and he and I race R/C cars together. My son and I are totally hooked on our training though. It's cool that your family trains together. Glad you found us here, happy posting! :)

Latest Discussions