hello new here

R

Robo

Just wanted to make my first post and say hello.Its really nice to have a place to go to be able to talk with people who have the same interest and passion for the martial arts. A little about myself I have been studing hapkido for the last 10 years and have achieved a 2nd dan, I am currently working towards my 3 dan assisant instructor. I hope that I can provide useful information, as I know that I will probably, recieve alot of useful information.

OP
D

Disco

Robo, first - welcome. Hope you enjoy your visits here. Next, what style of Hapkido do you practice?

:asian:

OP
R

Robo

Sorry I have not responded, my job keeps me busy and away from the computer. I study Sung Moo kwan Hapkido, I use to study Taekwondo but I got tired of being inside the box thats what it made me feel unlike Hapkido in my opinion lets me think outside the box, because of all the circular movements. I hope this answered any Question and once again sorry for the slow response

OP
D

Disco

OK, we'll let it go this time - :uhyeah:

Two questions if I may. 1) What style of TKD did you study? 2) When you made the transition to HKD, what were you able to carry with you from TKD?

OP
R

Robo

Been so long its hard to remember what style it was ( that could be old age too) more of a traditional style but can't remember . The things that I carried over was my kicking ability and the flexabilty,that is about the only thing that I could say I am not trying to say tkd is a bad art but I feel that its movements where limited and if i got into a sticky situation i was doomed with hapkido we have a wide variety of techiques to use from the joint locks to grappling to throws and I feel it is a more rounded martial art. Hope this answered your question

OP
D

dosandojang

Cali TKD Bruin? Are you from UCLA? Chambliss TKD?

Latest Discussions