Hello, my name is Mo

KFMo

White Belt
Reaction score
I would like to introduce myself before posting anywhere else.

My name is Mo and I have been training for about five years in various kung fu styles.

I started out as a severe asthmatic. It took me longer to advance in martial arts due to that, so I am by no means worthy of saying I have been a martial artist for five years.

I look forward to future discussions with everyone and I would like to thank the owners and staff for the time they put in to make this site possible. So, Thank you!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi, Mo, welcome aboard.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would like to introduce myself before posting anywhere else.

My name is Mo and I have been training for about five years in various kung fu styles.

I started out as a severe asthmatic. It took me longer to advance in martial arts due to that, so I am by no means worthy of saying I have been a martial artist for five years.

I look forward to future discussions with everyone and I would like to thank the owners and staff for the time they put in to make this site possible. So, Thank you!
Hi Mo,
Welcome. Many good people and excellent martial artists here and if you have been training regularly for the past 5 years you are a one of them. Don't discount yourself. Enjoy the discussions.

KFMo01

White Belt
Reaction score
I have taken a few months off sense I started but other than that there hasn't been a week that I didn't train. I can't say I train every day, unless you count those slight moves you can throw into your daily life that no one notices. He he he, if my coworkers only knew what I was doing. Lol

KFMo01

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Mo,
Welcome. Many good people and excellent martial artists here and if you have been training regularly for the past 5 years you are a one of them. Don't discount yourself. Enjoy the discussions.

Thank You!

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have taken a few months off sense I started but other than that there hasn't been a week that I didn't train. I can't say I train every day, unless you count those slight moves you can throw into your daily life that no one notices. He he he, if my coworkers only knew what I was doing. Lol
Oh yeah! Your hooked! One can train on something everyday.

KFMo01

White Belt
Reaction score
It makes life more interesting. It looks like I just handed you a piece of paper, but in my mind I was practicing a spear hand, to your gut.

KFMo01

White Belt
Reaction score
It makes life more interesting. It looks like I just handed you a piece of paper, but in my mind I was practicing a spear hand, to your gut.
Ok, I meant this as a reply to the above post. I am still trying to remember how tapatalk works.

KFMo01

White Belt
Reaction score
It's a slow spear hand though. Ok now I just seem odd, I am probably the only person who does this. Or am I?

Does anyone ever practice strikes when out and about. For example, when I run my hand through my hair, mentally I am aiming and practicing an upward elbow strike to someone 5 feet or further away from me. It's not much but it keeps my mind focused on training. Anyone think this is a good, bad or irrelevant idea? Why?

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's a slow spear hand though. Ok now I just seem odd, I am probably the only person who does this. Or am I?

Does anyone ever practice strikes when out and about. For example, when I run my hand through my hair, mentally I am aiming and practicing an upward elbow strike to someone 5 feet or further away from me. It's not much but it keeps my mind focused on training. Anyone think this is a good, bad or irrelevant idea? Why?
Lol
You are not alone; most all the people here do or have done the same in some fashion.

KFMo01

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Sean! I'm glad to be back on a marital art forum, thank you for the invite. You have been a positive influence on my Kung fu journey for many years, I look forward to our conversations on here.

Koshiki

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Welcome Mo! These guys are great.

In regards to covert practice when out and about, yeah I do that too. I mean, we're all hear because we enjoy getting punched. You can't really expect too much sanity, can you?

On the subject of Severe Asthma: The man I learned the most from in Martial Arts was a severe asthmatic, training when he could, and training when he shouldn't, and then not training when he couldn't. He was an amazing man.

Latest Discussions