Hello From a Buckeye in Kuwait

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings from the Northcoast of Ohio...

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
First of all ThanK you for serving, Secondly, Welcome, I think you will like it here. I am still new on this forum and have found kindred spirits with many different viewpoints. Please Be Careful.

Live Long and Prosper :)

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Always glad to see another Buckeye Kenpo practitioner, extra glad to see someone from the Jay T. Will lineage. He was my instructor (I'm in the family tree, name misspelled).

As for finding a Bujinkan school, where in Ohio are you? There are schools in Columbus and Lancaster, are these close to you (When you're here, that is)?

Welcome again, and thank you for your service. Stay safe.

Jack Meower

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm in Columbus, originally from SE Ohio. I've considered the Jay T. Will Karate Studio, but haven't pulled the trigger.

Thanks for your service and stay safe. (ex-squid here)

OP
DocWard

DocWard

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Always glad to see another Buckeye Kenpo practitioner, extra glad to see someone from the Jay T. Will lineage. He was my instructor (I'm in the family tree, name misspelled).

As for finding a Bujinkan school, where in Ohio are you? There are schools in Columbus and Lancaster, are these close to you (When you're here, that is)?

Welcome again, and thank you for your service. Stay safe.

Yes it is good to see others. Your name is just about as difficult to spell as my instructors. I'm amazed they got his right. I'm originally from Columbus, but live in Springfield now. I think I have found the Bujinkan school that is closest to me, about half an hour away, in Dayton:

http://www.daytonbujinkan.com/index.html

I will probably post in the ninjutsu area at some point today and ask around to see if anyone knows of it or the instructors there.

Jack Meower, I can't speak for the Jay T. Will school itself, especially since Mr. Will passed away, but if it is anything like my Kenpo experience, I wouldn't expect you to have any regrets if you decided to give it a go.

My only regret is that I wasn't able to commit as much time and energy as I wanted, or I would've already earned my black belt. Between law school, cereer, children and injuries though, it was a challenge to say the least.

Jack Meower

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes it is good to see others. Your name is just about as difficult to spell as my instructors. I'm amazed they got his right. I'm originally from Columbus, but live in Springfield now. I think I have found the Bujinkan school that is closest to me, about half an hour away, in Dayton:

http://www.daytonbujinkan.com/index.html

I will probably post in the ninjutsu area at some point today and ask around to see if anyone knows of it or the instructors there.

Jack Meower, I can't speak for the Jay T. Will school itself, especially since Mr. Will passed away, but if it is anything like my Kenpo experience, I wouldn't expect you to have any regrets if you decided to give it a go.

My only regret is that I wasn't able to commit as much time and energy as I wanted, or I would've already earned my black belt. Between law school, cereer, children and injuries though, it was a challenge to say the least.

KarateEsq:

I am now sending you a pm regarding Columbus Kenpo, if you don't mind.