Hello Everyone

M

MartialMom

First time posting on the boards here, I have been reading them off and on for awhile and they seem diverse and informative.

I'm a mother of 5 (3 of my own 2 I have custody of) I have all of my kids in Nick Cerio's Kenpo, ages 3, 7, 9, 11 and 14. I take Kenpo with them, I also study the Lightening Fire Mountain System of Kung Fu.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi M-Mom! All of us girls hang out in the LLR, otherwise known as the Ladies Locker Room, much to the chagrin of the guys but...
Glad you joined us, there are alot of Kenpo people here and everyone is real helpful. I wish I had this source as I was coming up thru TKD, so enjoy. See ya around. TW

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MartialMom said:
I'm a mother of 5 (3 of my own 2 I have custody of) I have all of my kids in Nick Cerio's Kenpo, ages 3, 7, 9, 11 and 14. I take Kenpo with them, I also study the Lightening Fire Mountain System of Kung Fu.
:erg:

You are amazing... 5 kids and still have time to train. Welcome to MTalk Martial Mom. Hope you join us soon in the LLR :D

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, MartialMom! I have three rugrats - boy 6, girl 11, boy 14 and we all do MA (hubby too busy).

I look forward to your posts!

OP
O

Oak Bo

Hi ya welcome, glad you're here!
:cheers:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello and welcome..You should be awarded a black belt for patience...

OP
V

Vadim

Hi Martial Mom! Welcome to Martial Talk.

-Vadim

OP
V

Venomstrike

Welcome to the forums! That "Lightening Fire Mountain System of Kung Fu" sounds very interesting. I think I'm going to read up on that (I'm completely new to martial arts).

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards! That does sound interesting, do you have any websites we could look at to learn more about that system of kung fu?

7sm

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What an amazing medium to share thoughts and feelings about life, family, and of course Martial Arts! Welcome to MT.

OP
M

MartialMom

Hey guys! That I know of there isn't a website set up for the Lightening Fire Mountain System, or at least none that I have found. It is a blending of Charging White Crane, Tigers Claw, Dragon and Cobra into one complete system. As far as I know there are only a handful of schools that teach the system. I wish there were more, it is an amazingly diverse and effective system combining long range strikes, defences with the up close and personal hard hitting ones that are the Tiger system, the locks and ground techniqes that are the Cobra system and the arial strikes that are the Dragon system. I'll pull my book out and give a brief outline of it's history.

Venomstrike, where are you located?

OP
V

Venomstrike

Wow that sounds like a pretty cool style. I look forward to your outline! MartialMom I live in Connecticut, USA.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Martial arts MOM! Its so nice to see the parent/parents be a big part of the kids lives. Setting the examples for your kids..WOW!! and having all them in a discipline art. A big" Mahalo" (hawaiian word for thank-you) to you! My son and I train together(15 yrs old now,started at 5yrs). It feels good to be close to your children. Keep up the good work!......Aloha

Latest Discussions