Hello Brothers and sisters!

neonadobo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey friends. I have been lurking at MT for a long time and decided to join in. I want to share and learn with all of you. I have been practicing Pekiti Tirsia Kali for almost three years now and recently started Bjj and kickboxing. As you can tell I fell in love with martial arts and want to talk to people who share the same passion. More power to you all!

SENC-33

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome from another newbie.....I incorporate a lot of Kali destruction techniques into my self defense instruction. Brutal and effective!

OP
N

neonadobo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks brother. Yes that's true very destructive indeed. If you don;t mind I looked at your profile a bit and I saw that you train in Systema. I have heard a lot about it but it hasn't reached my country yet. I really would like to see it in action. Does it blend well with Kali? I only know that it deals a lot with pressure points. I don't even know if I;m right about that haha Thanks

OP
N

neonadobo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome from another newbie.....I incorporate a lot of Kali destruction techniques into my self defense instruction. Brutal and effective!

Thanks brother. Yes that's true very destructive indeed. If you don;t mind I looked at your profile a bit and I saw that you train in Systema. I have heard a lot about it but it hasn't reached my country yet. I really would like to see it in action. Does it blend well with Kali? I only know that it deals a lot with pressure points. I don't even know if I;m right about that haha Thanks

SENC-33

Green Belt
Reaction score

Systema will blend with most anything. I look at it as more of an enhancing style.....I like to take the most effective techniques from the striking arts and enhance them with Systema's basic principles of relaxation, breathing and waveforms. Once you get a clear understanding of the principles it sort of takes on its own form which is why I began focusing on it. You have to go into Systema with a very open mind.

OP
N

neonadobo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Systema will blend with most anything. I look at it as more of an enhancing style.....I like to take the most effective techniques from the striking arts and enhance them with Systema's basic principles of relaxation, breathing and waveforms. Once you get a clear understanding of the principles it sort of takes on its own form which is why I began focusing on it. You have to go into Systema with a very open mind.

Sounds great! I will read more about it.

SENC-33

Green Belt
Reaction score
Have you been hit by that casting punch before? does it really hurt? It looked like it did haha I think it's hard to master that wave though.

I have attended several seminars with both Kevin, Val and Vladimir Vasiliev and have been hit by all of them. The only way to describe it is to imagine being hit extremely hard with little effort and the energy expanding inside you internally like a grenade going off. I have always hit with the intention of exploding the energy inside the body but Systema takes it to another level. When you hit like this "correctly" the energy doesn't come back into your shoulders and neck which is a good thing. At these seminars these guys will hit you only as hard as you desire to be hit.....I asked for more at one of them with Val and got the strike of a lifetime into the solar plexus. I felt the strike inside my organs for over 30 minutes even with Val trying to work the energy around. The wave looks long to start with but after weeks of practice you wont even notice it anymore as it will become second nature. You will also find that you utilize the wave on every strike and even blocking and throws. It becomes an instinctive part of everything you do.

OP
N

neonadobo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have attended several seminars with both Kevin, Val and Vladimir Vasiliev and have been hit by all of them. The only way to describe it is to imagine being hit extremely hard with little effort and the energy expanding inside you internally like a grenade going off. I have always hit with the intention of exploding the energy inside the body but Systema takes it to another level. When you hit like this "correctly" the energy doesn't come back into your shoulders and neck which is a good thing. At these seminars these guys will hit you only as hard as you desire to be hit.....I asked for more at one of them with Val and got the strike of a lifetime into the solar plexus. I felt the strike inside my organs for over 30 minutes even with Val trying to work the energy around. The wave looks long to start with but after weeks of practice you wont even notice it anymore as it will become second nature. You will also find that you utilize the wave on every strike and even blocking and throws. It becomes an instinctive part of everything you do.

That sound really interesting. In PTkali we actually use open palm strikes so that the energy won;t go back to the shoulders and neck as well. I am als starting to train kickboxing and often find it difficult to punch correctly becauseof the time I spent doing open palm strikes. Maybe I shopuld try this. I hope they conduct a seminar here. Thank you for the reply man.

Latest Discussions