Hapkido Kwans

D

Disco

The latest count of Hapkido Kwans was listed at around 78. I've tried to find the names of these kwans but came up dry. Does anybody here on MT/Hapkido have a listing or know where to go to get a list of all the Kwans? Thanks in advance for any help.
:asian:

OP
D

Disco

Found This.
On budoseek.net in the hapkido section / Thread "Chang Young-Shil", 2nd page has a listing of kwans.

This only gives the kwans that the KHF recognizes. There are lots more but through the KIDO. I can't find a listing from them yet, but I'm trying. Man I thought TKD was bad. They have nothing on the hapkido world:p

OP
H

Hal

The following are Kwans listed as member dojang of the Korea Hapkido
Federation on their webpage: note this is the real KHF website

http://hapkidokorea.org

1. Kyung Moo Kwan (GM KIM Nam Jae, 8th Dan)
2. Eul Ji Kwan (GM KIM Hyung Sang, 8th Dan)
3. Yun Moo Kwan (GM LEE Ho Il, 8th Dan)
4. Yoo Sool Won (GM YOO Sang Ho, 9th Dan)
5. Jin Jung Kwan (GM LEE Chang Soo, 8th Dan)
6. Ki Moo Kwan (GM IM Hyun Yong)
7. Pyung Moo Kwan
8. Soong Moo Kwan (GM LEE Jung Moon)
9. Hak Moo Kwan (GM LEE Yong Sik)
10. Kum Moo Kwan (GM JUNG Soon Sung, 8th Dan)
11. Kuk Sool Kwan (GM KIM Woo Tak)
12. Dong Yi Kwan (GM KANG Tae Soo)
13. Bong Moo Kwan (GM IM Myung Sup, 8th Dan)
14. Yun Moo Kwan - Kwang Ju
15. Huek Joo Kwan (GM JIN Jong Moon, 9th Dan)
16. Moo Moo Kwan (GM KIM Yong Chang)
17. Chun Ji Kwan (GM KIM Byung Soo, 8th Dan)
18. Se Sung Kwan (GM JUNG Ik Chul, 7th Dan)
19. Kuh Ho Kwan (GM CHUN Won Il, 8th Dan)
20. Koryo Chun Tong Moo Ye Won
21. Kang Moo Kwan (GM CHUN Man Bae)
22. Hyo Chun Kwan (GM YOO Dong Gu, 7th Dan)
23. So Rim Kwan
24. Song Won Kwan (GM JUNG Bong Ok, 8th Dan)
25. Yoo Sung Kwan (GM KIM Nam Kyu)
26. Yon Bi Kwan (GM KIM Jung Soo)
27. Han Moo Kwan (GM SONG Young Ki, 9th Dan)
28. Yoo Sool Kwan (GM BYUN Young Dae)
29. Da Mool Moo Kwan
30. Se Sim Kwan (GM YOO Ki Hyun, 7th Dan)
31. Ki Sim Kwan (GM SUH Kwang Won, 8th Dan)
32. Duk Moo Kwan (GM SUH Myung Il, 8th Dan)
33. Kwang Moo Kwan (GM NO Kwang Yul, 8th Dan)
34. Yong Moo Kwan (GM LEE Dong Woo, 9th Dan)
35. Chun Do Kwan (GM YU Chun Hee, 8th Dan)
36. In Moo Kwan (GM NA In Dong, 9th Dan)
37. Tae Moo Kwan (GM JUNG Ki Chul, 8th Dan)
38. Kun Moo Kwan (GM HAN Kyu Il, 8th Dan)
39. Soo Do Kwan (GM OH Jae Suk)
40. Chung Kyum Kwan (GM CHOI Suk Hwan)

OP
D

Disco

Are there two different KHF's? The first listing of kwans I got was from a GM Hackworth who is listed as the U.S. rep for the KHF. He states there are at present 78 kwans registered. (?)

On a second note, would you know how many kwans are registered with the KIDO and do you have any opinion of those kwans under the KIDO.

Thanks for any info you care to share. :asian:

OP
A

abzack

Hey, the kwan where I studied is listed.
8. Soong Moo Kwan (GM LEE Jung Moon)
(except he writes his name YI Chong Mun or LEE Chong Mun)
Anyone else here from this kwan?

OP
H

Hal

Dan(Black Bellt) rank table
The KHF has the Dan(Black Belt) ranking table. In the KHF, to promote in Dan ranking, one has to fulfill some requirements, not only the ability in Hapkido, but also the training terms and the age. And to be a master, name to the person having over 4 Dan, one has to complete the Master Course Seminar. Please refer to this information for your Dan test and training. (Dan level) (Min. terms of training) (Min. Age) Begin ¢¡ 1 Dan 1yr. - 1 Dan ¢¡ 2 Dan 1yr. - 2 Dan ¢¡ 3 Dan 2yrs. 17yrs. old 3 Dan ¢¡ 4 Dan 3yrs. 23yrs. old 4 Dan ¢¡ 5 Dan 4yrs. 30yrs. old 5 Dan ¢¡ 6 Dan 5yrs. 35yrs. old 6 Dan ¢¡ 7 Dan 5yrs. 41yrs. old 7 Dan ¢¡ 8Dan 5yrs. 46yrs. old 8 Dan ¢¡ 9 Dan 5yrs. 51yrs. old

OP
H

Hal

¿Ã?ß: Director, KHF ([email protected])
»®?‰¿Ã¡ˆ: http://hapkidokorea.org/main.htm
2003/7/1(»!=) 18:30 (MSIE6.0,Windows98) 221.146.1.207 1152x864

Facing the establishment of the KHF world organiza °ÿ ±§?̺? ±€/ ?Ò<pi>ʺ? ±€ /?Ìø<pi> »—º’¿? ±€/ ¡§ƒ°¿?¿Œ ±€ µÓ¿? ªË¡¶ µÀ¥œ¥Ÿ.

Facing the establishment of the KHF world organization....!

My name is Sung Book Bae, the director of the KHF.

We, the KHF, are preparing the establishment of a world organization as a plan
ned project in order to promote Hapkido more systematically, which is already i
ntroduced and practiced by many people all over the world.

For last half century, Hapkido is introduced and developed proudly in the aren
a of world martial arts only by our senior masters without any support or help fr
om the Korean government unlike Taekwondo. The share to succeed and deve
lop Hapkido one dimension higher making it as the world best martial art is left
before us now.

The KHF admits that there were not enough supports for many masters workin
g abroad, and because of special aspects of being abroad, the lacking of the
KHF power caused lots of chaos and troubles.

But, with this as a momentum, the KHF will do our best to support our master
s working overseas, and try to stop all the acts and organizations using the n
ame of the KHF without permission, as the KHF has never authorized any act
s and organizations officially till now except Master Kwan-Young Lee as the re
presentative of France.

As one of these procedures, the KHF is gathering information about Hapkido p
eople acting important countries or cities all over the world. And with these info
rmation, the KHF select people as regional representatives regardless their nati
onalities, sex and colors by this September. With them, the KHF will do everyt
hing positively for Hapkido development.

The KHF has the plan to hold the establishment ceremony of the KHF world or
ganization with the presence of all the regional representatives on the 6th of th
is December in Seoul, Korea.

Thank you.

* Any inquiry or requirement is welcome to Mr. Sung Book Bae, the director o
f the KHF.
Tel: 82-2-3437-3530, Cell: 82-11-258-7106, Email: [email protected]

OP
H

Hal

The KHF Dan Rank Test and Application
View actual file
The KHF Dan Rank Test and Application

Only the KHF Dan Rank Exam. Committee have the right to test students for Dan. All masters only have the right to let their students apply to the Dan test. But still some more prerequisites.

1. You have to be a certified KHF master. To get the KHF Master's Certificate, You have to be higher than 4th Dan of the KHF and have to complete the KHF Master's Course. Only the registered masters can hold the right to send their students to the Dan test.
The master's seminar is usually in the last week of the April every year. So for masters who need the certificate right now to open their own Dojang(school), the KHF ask them to submit a written promise for the coming master's seminar and the fee. Then the KHF issues them the certificate. The fee is about 200 US$.

2. You have to register your school to the KHF in your name. Students registered there are regarded as the KHF students. And only they are possible to get the KHF Dan. For school registration, the KHF charges 500 US$ for all schools without exception. But for schools outside of Korea, the KHF is going to set up a special period for free registration, for example, by the June 2004.

Sung Book Bae
Director, the Korea Hapkido Federation

Kodanjaclay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Disco,

The list you received from Dr. Hackworth is accurate. Oh Se Lim will be at his school this month should you have any questions for him. All KHF members are invited to attend this event, and indeed are expected to participate. I have heard that Mr. Bae will be present as well, who is a subordinate to Oh Se Lim, the President.

I may or may not be present because I just found out that I'm about to be a pappy, so that changes the situation for me. Danielle has no family here, so I will not leave her here to her own devices.

OP
H

Hal

Frank,
The list I submitted was from the KHF website in Korea i had it translated .

"Best wishes to you and Danielle"

Hal

Kodanjaclay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hal,

The site has not been completed, according to the information that I have. With any luck I'll see Grandmaster Lim next month and ask him about it.

Thank you for your sentiments, I'll pass them along to Danielle.

OP
H

Hal

Remember when she is expecting '"chunky monkey rules" my wife craved oranges ,second child chicken wings .

Hal

Kodanjaclay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hal,

Danielle is a monkey according to the Chinese zodiac... lol... thatnks for encouraging her. (LOL).

I did find out that Mr. Bae will be present with Mr. Lim. I'm sincerely hoping that I can go, but I don't know considering she is pregnant, and I am very hesitant to go very far... I'm not being prudish am I? At any rate, I will see to it that we get some clarification, as I think it is sorely needed.

OP
H

Hal

Frank ,

you mentioned GrandMaster Lim. Do you mean Grand Master Oh, Se lim ? In korea Last name is spoken first. It would be GrandMaster Oh. He would be considered Hye Jung nim head of the federation.

Hal:confused:

Kodanjaclay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hal,

Thank you. After almost 3 decades in Korean mudo, I still have not learned how to type well. Actually, it should b written Oh, Se Lim which is how he signs.It can also be romanized Oh, Se-Lim if one wants to be completely proper. There are however, times when I forget because I never use just his surname, I always say Oh Se Lim, or Yi Jae Whan, with the notable exception being Mr. Bae because I can never seem to get his name right. (lol). I figure its better than killing his name, and insulting him.

OP
R

rana_hapkido_panama2002

Hi all and be blessed.

I, Ramon Navarro, 4th Dan Black belt and in charge of the International side of this art and assistant to Grand Master Park, Song Il 9th Dan and creator to Song Moo Kwan HapKiDo in the early ’70 came to the country of Panama in October 1976 so in this month of October I am inaugurating a Dojang branch for the Song Moo HapKiDo with an exhibition and at the end I will hand out rank certificates to all the participants of this exhibition that will be done by the students that passed the last test we held in July then I will give KwanjangNim Park a plaque of recognition for what he has done for this art here in the country of Panama.

HapKiDo started classes in the capital city of Panama, Panama on the 22 of October, 1976 (thought Mr. Park said it was the 24th so we celebrate it on this 24th ) and since most people are working until mid-day the exhibition will be at 2pm and will be covered by the media. Grand Master Park is a direct student to DojuNim Ji, Han Jae and received his 9th Dan after the seminar that Mr. Ji gave here in Panama in October of 1996.

Hope all that read this and are member of any HapKiDo styles that you keep enjoying this art and grow on your personality plus get motivated enough to spread it ! Teach other people what you have learned and if you are not an instructor or at teachers level then invite those that you would like to share this art with to come to the Dojang you attend at !

HAP

OP
R

Richard

Since you are posting things from Mr. Bae's website I thought that you would like to see this:

The 1st Official KHF Dan(Black Belt) Test and Seminar in the USA

The KHF(Korea Hapkido Federation) is going to have the first official Dan(Black Belt) test and seminar event in the USA on this October 24-26. This event is being organized and prepared by a KHF master in the USA, Dr. Richard Hackworth, who is fully authorized for this event from the KHF President Se-Lim Oh . President Oh himself, some high ranking directors and masters are scheduled to be there.

This event will contribute as the beginning step to the higher dimension of Hapkido, not only for the development of the KHF but also a unified Hapkido community around the globe. So all the Hapkido people, masters and students, the KHF people and non-KHF people, are invited to participate in this coming together of Hapkido masters of the world for the betterment of Hapkido and ourselves.

The details and further information could be got from the web site "http://www.hapkidokorea.org" or "http://koreahapkidofederation.com"

Sincerely,

Sung Book Bae

Director, the Korea Hapkido Federation

:rofl:

Latest Discussions