Had Promotion on Saturday

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
O.K ...SO now my wife and i are solid Blue Belts ...it was the hardest test so far and i was not expecting it to be so long......it was a beautiful hot muggy day in Chitown and as usual no air conitioning:waah:.I asked GrandMaster Kim if he could install an elevator for me so i wouldn't have to climb the stairs anymore ,he laughed and said for that comment he would now hang a rope out the window and i would have to climb that to get to class from now on....gotta love that one....We did a jump spinning kick to break a board and lots of escapes (which i love doing) and throws (which i need to work on)....this is really getting fun....anyway ,since i have posted after every promotion i thought you would all like to know...just to keep kind of a timeline going......have a good weekend ,later .....Greg

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome!! Congrats to the both of you! :ultracool

Mike

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on your blue belt Greg and I really like your Grandmaster's sense of humor. Won't you be surprised to see that rope hanging out the window! LOL!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats BOTH of you...

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
CONGRATZ on the new rank!

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats. I had my blue belt test on one of the hottest days of the year, and the A/C was out.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great news, Greg! There's no feeling like it, eh? Why not put that info in your user profile—it's a part of your identity as a MAist, eh? Just a thought, but I find that that kind of information helps me get a much more vivid sense of the MA life of my fellow MT posters.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:partyon::partyon:
WOO HOO KING FAMILY!!!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you!

"Air conditioning! We don't need no stinking air conditioning!"
( ...can't remember the movie...but am using a little creative license.....)

Miles

tomes

White Belt
Reaction score
O.K ...SO now my wife and i are solid Blue Belts ...it was the hardest test so far and i was not expecting it to be so long......it was a beautiful hot muggy day in Chitown and as usual no air conitioning:waah:.I asked GrandMaster Kim if he could install an elevator for me so i wouldn't have to climb the stairs anymore ,he laughed and said for that comment he would now hang a rope out the window and i would have to climb that to get to class from now on....gotta love that one....We did a jump spinning kick to break a board and lots of escapes (which i love doing) and throws (which i need to work on)....this is really getting fun....anyway ,since i have posted after every promotion i thought you would all like to know...just to keep kind of a timeline going......have a good weekend ,later .....Greg

Congratulations Greg, that is awesome! :) I can't even IMAGINE being able to break boards yet....

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your wife!

Let us know how the rope climbing goes.

I fully expect to see a rope hanging in our Dojang someday.

Latest Discussions