GSP, a cheater?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

That's really unfortunate, because there couldn't be any question that GSP deserved that win. Sadly, if these charges can be sustained, and it seems from the article that there is ample support, I feel that GSP has to be denied the victory.

I'm not sure it would be appropriate to award the victory to Penn, but I think you have to disqualify GSP and maybe remove the belt from him.

-Rob

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol, I don't see how this can be taken seriously.

Watch the clip;

In this one you can see the commission is there, and they wipe him off with a towel before the round starts.

If that is considered greasing him down with Vaseline, then... oh nevermind.

Just stop and think about the amount of Vaseline that would need to be applied to a sweaty body to even be noticeable...he didn't even towel him off first. If the brief touch to GSP's shoulders/chest/back could possible put enough grease on his body to effect BJ's submissions, then BJ needs a new line of work.

My impression: this is just silly...

Last edited by a moderator:

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

Watch the clip;

In this one you can see the commission is there, and they wipe him off with a towel before the round starts.

Just stop and think about the amount of Vaseline that would need to be applied to a sweaty body to even be noticeable...he didn't even towel him off first. If the brief touch to GSP's shoulders/chest/back could possible put enough grease on his body to effect BJ's submissions, then BJ needs a new line of work.

I agree. If it WAS intentional then deal with the trainer. If it was accidental then have a meeting with the trainer and voice your concerns. The last couple times I have watched Penn lose, his camp always has an excuse on why it was so. He got beat by a better fighter plain and simple.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Watch the clip;

I agree. If it WAS intentional then deal with the trainer. If it was accidental then have a meeting with the trainer and voice your concerns. The last couple times I have watched Penn lose, his camp always has an excuse on why it was so. He got beat by a better fighter plain and simple.

I think that is a pretty lame attempt to indict GSP or his trainer. Very lame and an excuse for Penn losing. They also had the commission get involved so really since they wiped him down there should be no issues. Lame and simply the better guy won. I can remember getting rubbed down very similarly during all my kickboxing matches oh so long ago. I imagine being sweaty that you would need a good amount of Vaseline to make any kind of difference. Still the commision was there and he was wiped down so I think it is a mute point.
icon6.gif

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ya, this sounds like another case of why BJ Penn lost besides the fact that he freakin' lost! I agree that the trainer must be disciplined in some manner for this, but GSP should keep the win. I can see why people are making a big deal about it, though. If anything, let's see 'em go again.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Funny how everyone in BJ's camp has something to say EXCEPT BJ.
For a guy who runs off at the mouth and what not he sure is quiet.
Amazing how he just can't be the man and say he got owned by GSP.

Stuff like this after the fight makes him sound like a whiner.

Latest Discussions