grip reduction for the glock

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have seen this process advertised by various companies before. Has anyone had this done to their glock or personally know someone who has, and if so how did you like it?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know a couple of guys who've had theirs modified to make the grip angle more like a 1911. I didn't find it particularly comfortable because they just ended up with something kinda between them. The width and length were nicely cut down a bit though. I've never heard them complain about it. The companies name that did theirs was something beginning with a R. Maybe Robar.

Jeff

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yup, Robar. Some people even give this process a generic term of "Robarized."

It's really only for people who either want to change the grip angle, or have smaller than average hands, since folks who have average or larger hands, can comfortably grip the 17/19/22/23/24/26/27/31/32/33.

People who are on the smaller end of average sized hands might benefit a bit from the shaving down of the wider grip Glocks (20/21/29/30).

I don't like the reduction process, though, since taking away grip material is a one way street. Done correctly, though, there's no risk of losing structural integrity.

Besides, my hands fit all Glocks perfectly.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One thing it will do though is void the warranty.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Glock is a good gun but if it doesn't fit you there are other modern polymer options out there today that will probably yield better results than a hacked up glock. Springfield XD and the Smith M&P grip angles are both are closer to a 1911 and can hold thier own against a Glock.

Glocks aren't real pretty to begin with, one with the grip modification hurts my eyes!

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another polymer frame pistol that has an adjustable grip is the Sig Pro.

Glocks aren't real pretty to begin with, one with the grip modification hurts my eyes!

Heh. Reminds me of the same merchant who kept trying to sell a Glock 30 that had a soldering iron put to its grip, for the amount of 900 dollars. He asserted that this was a custom grip enhancement job, and that it took a long time to create this new high tech surface...

I picked it up, and could actually feel some really sharp edges digging into my palm, at which point, the merchant started bellowing "Don't touch unless you're going to buy!"

This was two years ago. He's still trying to sell that same Glock to this date, although he has shaved (no pun intended) 100 bucks off his silly price.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting idea for people who hate polymer or want significantly thinner grips. Nice of them to offer several types of metals.

I'd have to agree with the site, that unless someone were proficient in detail stripping their weapon (not simple field stripping), that the transfer of parts should be done by a skilled individual.

Latest Discussions