Griffin apologizes to Silva after UFC 106 win

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-23-2009 10:25 AM:
ept_sports_mma_experts-377169620-1258984963.jpg
Forrest Griffin was pretty grumpy the first time he had to answer questions about his crazy behavior following his UFC 101 loss to Anderson Silva. During an interview with MMA30's Dave Farra, he wondered aloud why anyone even cared and went on an odd rant about not being a role model. As time went along, he came to grips with his postfight antics and addressed them at length last Wednesday before UFC 106.

Any lingering questions about his mental state were finally answered on Saturday night, first with his win over Tito Ortiz and then officially when Griffin sought out Silva following the UFC 106 press conference:

"I&rsquo;m sorry I ran out on you, it was no disrespect," The Las Vegas Sun heard Griffin saying to Silva towards the back of the media center. "I just wanted it to be a great fight and I was really disappointed when it wasn&rsquo;t."

Griffin trainer Jimmy Gifford said the Ortiz win was huge physically and mentally for Griffin. Sun writer Brett Okamoto pointed out that Griffin had pinched a nerve in his neck, a rib injury and broken foot in the weeks leading up to the fight.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions