Greetings!

Pitbull

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Martial Artists!
I am new to any kind of computerizd chat, but when passions rise enough, one moves to a venue where expression of self is appreciated.
I am a first degree blackbelt who has trained for many years, and am learning and growing everyday.
I have recently switched styles and am undergoing a sort of transition personally in accepting a new Master Instructor and his guidance, as well as having the added pressure of learning and assimilating colored belt material that is new to me.My previous style did not teach weapons, and our forms are entirely different form my past exepriences, however, I am thrilled to be challenged in new and differnent ways.
I come from a traditional Korean style, in which protocol and respect is utmost, and my new dojang is a bit more relaxed than I am accusotmed to ...none-the-less, I have found an honorable and talented instuctor and group of fellow martial artists, to whom I am comitted . I consider myself most fortunate.
One of the most difficult things for me is to balance my passion for my art with my adult responsibilities, and not to over-extend myself in either direction...I wind up, of course, being present for every dojang activity and being exhausted, though content. I wonder if others find this sense of balance an issue as well. Please share...

OP
P

Pitbull

White Belt
Reaction score
My new school is in South Florida, where I reside. Thank you for the kind words. I try to honor tradition and still be flexible...sometimes a contradiction in action, causing me to question whichis most importantly, flexibilityvs the tradition...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Latest Discussions