Greetings to all

T

TimBreuning

First let me introduce myself.
I took up Shotokan in 1978 and practiced thru 1982. The last year I felt I didn't "get anywhere" and was technically stuck at 3 kyu, so I decided to have a break.
16 years later I started again (in the same club), this time intending to keep on training no matter what. Now, 7 years later I'm a nidan, teaching students, and are chairman of the club.
As you might have guessed, I'm not really a youngster any longer, but I try to keep fit training when ever I can.

As a supplement to my regular training, I've tried Taekwondo on a few occaisions, Goju-Ryu once, and Jiu-jitsu 4-5 times. I like to focus on the differences in different styles, and use what ever techniques and methods, I see fit for me and my class. Ie. mawashi-geri - not till I tried Taekwondo, did I manage to get a really hard kick, and has since that day taught my class both the "normal" kumite kick as well as a more selfdefense version.
I've noticed a lot of elite kumite fighters who are able to deliver a technique very very fast, but totally lacks power. Maybe it's because they only see karate as competition and not as a method of practicing fighting for real.

I'm glad to be here at MartialTalk.com and hope to have many discussions.
Tim:) Breuning, Denmark

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Tim!!! Enjoy your stay and please feel free to ask any questions you may have! There are many excellent people here that have alot to offer!

Mike

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome Tim to the board. Look forward to discussions regarding the differences. If you have any questions about the board please ask! TW

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Tim. Looking forward to reading your posts! Enjoy all MartialTalk has to offer!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Tim. Enjoy!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Mr. Breuning & welcome to Martial Talk! :wavey: Thank you for sharing your training background; I'm sure it took a lot perseverance to return to training after 16 yrs. Hope you enjoy the forums. :asian:

Latest Discussions