Greetings from Ireland

RyanGarry

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Ryan, I'm 18 years old and am a WTF Taekwondo student. I currently only hold a Yellow belt yet I triple graded from white belt :) I got into taekwondo because of my girlfriend, she owns the club an I am her assistant for the younger age groups. I have been training since January as I dislocated my kneecap when I originally joined last July. As of now I know up to Taeguk Sa Jang because I can't fight yet until my knee is completely better so I have invested my ability into Poomsae :) I also have 2 golds in Poomsae competition :) So that was my little introduction, thank you for having me :D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear about your knee but that will heal with time.
Good luck with your training and keep us informed of your progress

OP
R

RyanGarry

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you :)
Yeah, I can see and feel the progress I am making with it within the past 6 months, the Taekwondo helps alot too

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to mt, I'm Donald practice goju ryu karate, kobudo and practice some northern shoalin Kung fu

Out of curiosity what does the w t f stand for in your tae kwon doe school

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. :wavey:

What part of Ireland are you from?

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
I did my honeymoon in Ireland. Awesome place, awesome people.

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
...wife wouldn't let me take my dogi, though. lol

OP
R

RyanGarry

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to mt, I'm Donald practice goju ryu karate, kobudo and practice some northern shoalin Kung fu

Out of curiosity what does the w t f stand for in your tae kwon doe school

Wow that's pretty awesome man, how long have you been training? I always liked the look of Kung Fu :)
and WTF stands for World Taekwondo Federation it's like the style of Taekwondo I practice, Whereas the ITF International Taekwondo Federation learn different Poomsae and have different rules and sparring :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow that's pretty awesome man, how long have you been training? I always liked the look of Kung Fu :)
and WTF stands for World Taekwondo Federation it's like the style of Taekwondo I practice, Whereas the ITF International Taekwondo Federation learn different Poomsae and have different rules and sparring :)

I've been in goju ryu karate for soon to be four years (2 yrs from getting black belt or more kobudo (same teacher) about 3 yrs. Kung fu but what say practice i have no rank just a couple forms practice couple open handed forms and 2 weapon forms)

I met some people from tkd but that was because the instructor at my school occasionally helps them learn weapon forms, and usually me and some of the other students come assist, what is tkd like I never seen them practice it, just been there to assist weapon seminars

OP
R

RyanGarry

White Belt
Reaction score
Wow well done man, is it hard to earn a black belt in Karate? In my tkd club we don't do weapon forms at all, but it's a great martial art I think :) the forms (Poomsae) are fun to learn and look pretty nice if you YouTube 'Wtf Taekwondo Poomsae' they'll come up and the sparring and fighting competition is full contact but with body armor and head gear :D does Karate practice sparring without body armor or equipment?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes and no, if full contact will use protection if no then most likely it will not be full contact or with caution

Will look on youtube at videos. Later

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's tricky but the more practice the easier it gets, the hardest part is keeping students in the club, about 7 out of 10 quite the first day and some have quite
Later on
What skill level are you at with your tkd school
I liked this video 10. Taekwondo Poomsae Kuemgang (WTF) - YouTube
It seemed different yet interesting

OP
R

RyanGarry

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah I'd say so, keeping students is hard at our club too. Yeah, I love that Poomsae, it is the second Poomsae you learn for black belt in Taekwondo, I am a yellow belt ( I have my next grading this Sunday) that is the second belt in but I am technically advanced past my belt I know techniques and the Poomsae up until green belt blue tag, which is 7th grades in the way my club teaches :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah I'd say so, keeping students is hard at our club too. Yeah, I love that Poomsae, it is the second Poomsae you learn for black belt in Taekwondo, I am a yellow belt ( I have my next grading this Sunday) that is the second belt in but I am technically advanced past my belt I know techniques and the Poomsae up until green belt blue tag, which is 7th grades in the way my club teaches :)

Good luck passing the test

Latest Discussions