Great Anthropological Documentary about Metal

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's in a few parts and I'll try to link each one in the right order but this is worth a watch for any fans of rock music. I made myself laugh as I watched the introductory section, "Origins" for as the question was posed as to who the first metal band really was, I was calling, embarrassingly loudly, "Sabbath!" at my monitor :lol:. Luckily for the film-maker, he agreed with me :D.

One point that is made that made me nod, because I've been saying it myself since I was a teenager and found Sabbath, Purple, Zep, Rush etc, is the link between a love of powerful classical music and the love of hard rock. I've always said that Holst, Wagner and Beethoven were metal :lol:.

Be warned, there is some very strong language in some places. Also, an unexpected turn was some satanist interviews that religious people will find offensive (I know I did and I think my views on religion are well known).

[yt]Ae_6lYRdu74&feature=colike[/yt]

[yt]c-5D62VSDqk[/yt]

[yt]Sr5ASmzAGiU[/yt]

[yt]crUCKoo4iNY[/yt]

[yt]ZlfDlWiwLLA[/yt]

[yt]41Z3rg448kY[/yt]

[yt]AjwZX2FgyQQ[/yt]

Last edited:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read this book once called Satan is alive and well... when I was a kid, and it pretty much lays it out there that nobody is really a Satanist. There is no age old Church of Satan (as we understand it). It is really sort of a rebellion within the Christian faith. I had a buddy in the Army who was into Satanism, and I tack it all up to some that harsh Catholic upbringing he received as a child. I had no religious upbringing so I had nothing to rebel against; so, no Satanism for me, thank you. LOL There is one "real" religion that claims Satan as its god, The Yezidi, but it is simply a claim that doesn't hold water. It was quite common for the Abrahamic religions to brand the gods of the surrounding religions as the Devil. Ba'al became Beelzabub lord of the flies, Beelzedung in some Jewish texts, and although Ba'al was a real god, the name Beelzabub originaly ,Ba'al-hadad or Habub. It came to mean any tribal god. The Yezidi worshipped Malek taus or Mordock from the bible, but again these are not Satanic beings, simply other gods from almost forgotten religions.
Sean

Latest Discussions