Grammar and spelling tips

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
I'm not certain how I came to be one of the Ladies. But that's OK, I guess. If you can't beat'em, join'em.

:CTF:
That's the spirit! Be one of the girlz which should be spelled girls since we are in a grammar and spelling tips thread...hee hee...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
I'm not certain how I came to be one of the Ladies. But that's OK, I guess. If you can't beat'em, join'em.
1. Jason sed he wanted to crack open a cold one and "watch the ladies" wrestle. Since we were all in a dogpile, I was using *sarcasm* to get his attention that this was not a 1 am event at Hooters.

2. As to the second part of your post - sounds like the woman in your life has trained you well. High five from me to her.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
1. Jason sed he wanted to crack open a cold one and "watch the ladies" wrestle. Since we were all in a dogpile, I was using *sarcasm* to get his attention that this was not a 1 am event at Hooters..
And what's wrong with that :) ?

:idunno:

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
*breaks out a wad of about 500 bucks in singles*

ummmm.. what was the problem? :D

R

raedyn

hey you wanna throw 500 bucks at me, for playing around with the ladies.. I'm down with that.

Pardon me. "Grammar and spelling tips".
Edit:

If you desire to provide me with 500 dollars, I would welcome the opportunity to accept you donation to my party fund. =)

R

raedyn

shesulsa said:
2. As to the second part of your post - sounds like the woman in your life has trained you well. High five from me to her.
*bow*

Actually, he was already pretty awesome when I got him. I can't take credit for his awesomeness. I am, however, proud to admit he's mine.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
raedyn said:
hey you wanna throw 500 bucks at me, for playing around with the ladies.. I'm down with that.
Hmmmm........

I'm going to refrain from answering the above question. I don't want anything used against me in a court of law. :uhyeah:

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
No problems! Yooooo hooooo! :wavey:
Lookin' fer a table dancer????
:rofl:

*snatches $500 from Jason's hands and runs like salmonella*

OVER HERE!!!

*settles down with the ladies seated while Dan jumps on tabletop, pulls sawbuck out of own wallet and holds it over Raedyn's head*

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
:rofl:

*snatches $500 from Jason's hands and runs like salmonella*

OVER HERE!!!

*settles down with the ladies seated while Dan jumps on tabletop, pulls sawbuck out of own wallet and holds it over Raedyn's head*

*laughs as he stands there still holding his money for the ladys to dance, and jason getting ripped off*

:D

Poor poor Jason... need to work on those reflexes. You just got taken for money you didn't even have! :uhyeah:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
Poor poor Jason... need to work on those reflexes. You just got taken for money you didn't even have! :uhyeah:
Yeah, what's up with that :uhyeah:

Now about those table dances :) , Columbus Gold here we come!
:partyon:

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not to take away from anybody's fun, I think we should split the grammar/spelling and Pigpile. I still think it has a use.... TW

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I feel like coming into a thread about grammer and spellin suthin shoud burst into flame.
That and I must say...
All your base are belong to us.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
*laughs as he stands there still holding his money for the ladys to dance, and jason getting ripped off*

:D

*looks down at her handful of clutched cocktail napkins*

Drat! That's what happens when you drink too much Tequila.

*eyes Moose consideringly, then takes a closer look at the napkins*

Hey, they're Grammar Tip of the Day napkins! Kewl!!

*skips over to TigerWoman to share*

R

raedyn

So if Dan's our resident table dancer, is he back in the mohair pants?

*whump*
(raedyn now has a faceful of pink mohair)

oh.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay, folks. While Raedyn gets a lap dance from her main squeeze, let's have a spelling and grammar tip of the day.

Let's start with these: there, they're and their.

Spelling tip: They all start with "the". The possessive 'their' is a exception to the 'I before E' rule we are all familiar with.

Usage tips:

There - answers the question "Where?" which is also answered by "Here" which is in both words: T-here and W-here.

Example: Dan is over there giving Raedyn a lap dance.

They're - is a contraction of 'they are'. Ask yourself if you could substitute the phrase 'they are' for the 'they're' you are trying to use and if you can and have the same meaning, then you can contract and use 'they're'. If not, it must be one of the others.

Example: When the club closes, they're (they are) going to the beach.

Their - possessive and answers the question "whose". I always just memorized the spelling of 'their' and if the above tests failed, this one was the only one left.

Example: All MT members can post in the forums, but the women have the Ladies Locker Room which is only theirs.

*ducks the pink boa flying overhead*

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
*Spot that pile of notes in Brad’s hands, strolls over casually to offer a lap dance!...after making Brad’s day I grab the pile of money and run over to Georgia giggling…..DRINKS ARE ON ME……hehehe*

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sarah said:
*Spot that pile of notes in Brad’s hands, strolls over casually to offer a lap dance!...after making Brad’s day I grab the pile of money and run over to Georgia giggling…..DRINKS ARE ON ME……hehehe*
WAAAHOOOO! Something to do while Dan continues the never-ending lapdance for Raedyn. They're still busy over there getting their groove on.

Latest Discussions