Gracie BJJ / Samuel Kwok wing chun

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
I remember seeing information regarding a hybrid art form that was possibly being created.
Anyone anymore information, other than the seminar that took place.
http://www.kwokwingchun.com/artview.php?id=29
Carlson was a 9th degree red belt :yoda:

gracie4.jpg

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm sure there are schools out there that teach both disciplines.

Here's a question: do you think it's more attractive to go to a school that has calls this a "new" art?

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I remember seeing information regarding a hybrid art form that was possibly being created.
Anyone anymore information, other than the seminar that took place.
http://www.kwokwingchun.com/artview.php?id=29
Carlson was a 9th degree red belt :yoda:

gracie4.jpg
There are many schools out there who teach a hybrid art that combines wing chun/tkd/karate with BJJ. They would be stupid not to include ground training in their curriculum.
Regarding any hybrid that the late master Gracie, rest his soul, was a part of, I don't know. I do know that in his last few years he was doing a lot of seminars trying to secure money for his family for after he left us.

OP
Domino

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm sure there are schools out there that teach both disciplines.

Here's a question: do you think it's more attractive to go to a school that has calls this a "new" art?

Everyone will have a different perception of it I guess, IMO its not a new art, just combines 2 already established fighting / self defence styles into 1 class.

OP
Domino

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
There are many schools out there who teach a hybrid art that combines wing chun/tkd/karate with BJJ. They would be stupid not to include ground training in their curriculum.
Regarding any hybrid that the late master Gracie, rest his soul, was a part of, I don't know. I do know that in his last few years he was doing a lot of seminars trying to secure money for his family for after he left us.

Ah I see. Either way I believe it would be pretty solid curriculum considering the Gracie family was involved.

Latest Discussions