Got a date tomorrow - any advice?

OP
Ivan

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
How'd it go?
Hey guys. An update: my flat mates were in the kitchen and stayed for over an hour and we ended up ordering in. After that she stayed at my flat all day watching random shows and talking, until I drove her back home at 10pm. She’s a very quiet girl but I am sure she will open up over time. Also pretty sure there will be another date. All in all, 10/10 would take dating advice from you guys again. Thanks all!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey guys. An update: my flat mates were in the kitchen and stayed for over an hour and we ended up ordering in. After that she stayed at my flat all day watching random shows and talking, until I drove her back home at 10pm. She’s a very quiet girl but I am sure she will open up over time. Also pretty sure there will be another date. All in all, 10/10 would take dating advice from you guys again. Thanks all!
Cook the proteins and veggies separately before you combine them at the end. Slightly sear meats first, with diced onions and garlic, set aside, while the vegetables cook in the same pan with some oil.

I prefer to blanch my veggies first before the pan, basically throw them into a lot of boiling water for a few minutes and then drain. Add both meats and veggies back into pan with whatever flavor sauce (soy ginger is a good Asian combo, white wine with chicken or beef stock and some butter for French, etc). If you want to get fancy, do it Valencian: add rice and a little fine tomato sauce, let the rice brown a little and keep scraping the bottom of the pan for that socarrat.

The enemy of good stir fry is excess liquid.

Always add a sprinkle of extra virgin olive oil or fine sesame oil at the end for flavor. Less is more.

Never stir fry fish indoors without a venting hood fan.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
take dating advice from you guys again. Thanks all!
In your next date (2nd date), tell her that you are a palm reader. It's a good excuse to hold a girl's hand for the first time. If you succeed, in your next date (3rd date), tell her that you haven't washed your hands for 3 days after you have touched her hands.

The girl who told me that she didn't wash her hands for 3 days after she held my hands finally became my wife. It really works.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Ivan….how did your date go? We’re dying her!

1) If it was a disaster, give her lady parts a measly one star on Tripadvisor! ⭐️

2) If it followed normal parameters, morse blink the lyrics of ‘I like Big Butts’ 🍑

3) If it went well (😉), give us a testosterone-fulled ‘monkey scream’ 🐒🙉

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
Come on Ivan….how did your date go? We’re dying her!

1) If it was a disaster, give her lady parts a measly one star on Tripadvisor! ⭐️

2) If it followed normal parameters, morse blink the lyrics of ‘I like Big Butts’ 🍑

3) If it went well (😉), give us a testosterone-fulled ‘monkey scream’ 🐒🙉
I've just tried and got cramps, cn't evem type propply. Thnak U! :mad:

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this! Well done, lad!

If you were forced to rank the quality of advice you received on here, who’s would be top? 😑

Darren

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just be yourself dude, take it slow, no fronts,
Thanks for the laugh guys it was great!!!!
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!