Good Self Defence Video ** WARNING - SENSITIVE ADS MAY APPEAR IN LINK **

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That video rocked, I didn't learn any new techniques but it was just fun to watch. ;)

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Amusing presentation, but sorry....technically not impressed. Amateur street fighting skills, boxing type punches, and unrefined self defense techniques. Hard core, but not top notch. Many techniques executed poorly, and improperly. Would work against most bar room brawlers, but did not resemble any degree of advanced "Martial Art" skills, in my opinion.

CM D. J. Eisenhart

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Last Fearner said:
Amusing presentation, but sorry....technically not impressed. Amateur street fighting skills, boxing type punches, and unrefined self defense techniques. Hard core, but not top notch. Many techniques executed poorly, and improperly. Would work against most bar room brawlers, but did not resemble any degree of advanced "Martial Art" skills, in my opinion.

CM D. J. Eisenhart

See Upnorthkyoso's post, I think it says things pretty well.

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ginshun said:
See Upnorthkyoso's post, I think it says things pretty well.

If you are referring to this comment:
upnorthkyosa said:
Some people were making fun of Bas's sound effects and his technique...[edit].... No one would ever say that to this man's face!.

I disagree. I respect upnorthkyosa's opinion on this, as well as others, but I believe in being honest about my assessment, and I would tell this gentleman directly, face-to-face. He has apparently had many years of bar room brawl experience, and seems to have tested, with trial and error, his own method of training on a mat with his buddies. If it works for him in the street, fine.

However, as a comparison to refined Martial Art skills, and correctly executed techniques, I saw little evidence of such, and room for improvement on many things. He seems like a nice guy, and probably has much success with his brute force and hostile approach, but if he has had any extensive, high skill level, Martial Art training, he did not display it in this video segment.

No disrespect intended, just my honest opinion.

Last Fearner