Going Back

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a long chat with a Wing Chun student, and seeing some vids, I believe that I have been a little disrespectful to the art. I live on coherent patterns and I find the JKD/Kali too fragmented.

Again no disrespect being proffered, but even with a boxing core, I have been struggling to fit the different elements together. As I am big admirer of Wing Chun, obviously somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind, something is hanging about. With me this usually means I dwelling on a failure.

As such, I Facebooked my old Sifu with some questions and actually remembers me. He believes it workable with my boxing core, so that gives myself some much needed confidence. I have grasping at shadows for years if you will, but really analyzing things, it is just the stance that was alien, rather than my defensive view of Wing Chun. I believe now that it can work for me. I am old skool so perhaps traditional can be likened to that.

In addition to this, the Sifu is now at 2nd grade technician. Looking forward to 18:30 Tuesday. Reckon I have been denying a truth all along. The Sifu told me that he has developed and I have following his posts on Facebook. Well perhaps the stars were on my side all along.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Takes a lot of courage to admit you may have been disrespectful.
I wish you the best in figuring this all out

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Takes a lot of courage to admit you may have been disrespectful.
I wish you the best in figuring this all out

Thanks. Some of the other students are probably a few grades up now. Hopefully the student I generally paired up with is still there.

Reeksta

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lots of us have a winding path through our martial arts journey. A little outside perspective can be a very healthy thing.
Hope you enjoy your return to wing chun

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of us have a winding path through our martial arts journey. A little outside perspective can be a very healthy thing.
Hope you enjoy your return to wing chun

Thanks. I feel that I will do. As you say, it looks like I had to still explore a little.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sifu got back to me on Facebook and had told me that the last lesson lesson of the year, has student grading. I know from previous lessons, they are a bunch affair. I guess that would be normal for the rankers as it were.

That's cool, start 2015 all guns blazing. The new year classes start on the 6th of January. Being nearly empty the wallet season, makes sense. Plus I can get myself back into SNT which will ease things. Nothing worse than standing in a class and feeling somewhat lost.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you may be correct about not wanting to feel lost but what the heck at least you will be back and that is a big step.
The road we take has us at many times feeling lost but as long as we stay on the road we get where we are supposed to be some day

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you may be correct about not wanting to feel lost but what the heck at least you will be back and that is a big step.
The road we take has us at many times feeling lost but as long as we stay on the road we get where we are supposed to be some day

Yeah, I just have the frustration gene. Been on the road for a while now, but at least I have exited the junction. Now for the new road. Just got to make sure I do not too much Xmas pudding, want at least make sure the gym work is not ruined. Then again, it is Christmas

Latest Discussions