Go-Kan Karate

Saitama Steve

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Chelsea, London, UK/Souka-shi, Saitama Ken, JPN
celtic bhoy said:
Last evening a man with a clip-board knocked my door canvassing for students.

His style is Go-Kan Karate, has anyone heard of it or tried it?

I found a website for this style it is www.gkrkarate.com

Any info would be appreciated.

Avoid, bunch of fakers. If e-budo was still up, I'd be able to provide a link to the bad budo forum.

I sat a government run security course run by a former blackbelt in Gokan-ryu who had trained in Australia. He had left because he was disgusted with their dishonest teaching practices. He was instructed by his senior that if there was a shortage of blackbelts, get a bunch of purple & brown belts and make them wear blackbelts in lieu.

He was also instructed to bark at anyone who asked what his credentials for teaching were by telling them that it is disrespectful to ask seniors their rank. It's all about duping unsuspecting people who are really interested in budo out of their hard earned money.

So much BS there that poor ol' Rob would be having a sneezing fit.

berry580

White Belt
Reaction score
Avoid, bunch of fakers. If e-budo was still up, I'd be able to provide a link to the bad budo forum.

I sat a government run security course run by a former blackbelt in Gokan-ryu who had trained in Australia. He had left because he was disgusted with their dishonest teaching practices. He was instructed by his senior that if there was a shortage of blackbelts, get a bunch of purple & brown belts and make them wear blackbelts in lieu.

He was also instructed to bark at anyone who asked what his credentials for teaching were by telling them that it is disrespectful to ask seniors their rank. It's all about duping unsuspecting people who are really interested in budo out of their hard earned money.

So much BS there that poor ol' Rob would be having a sneezing fit.
um... I'm a student in GKR, and I'm pretty sure there's no purple belts in the system.
But then, I do notice some relatively low leveled graded people wearing black & white belts.....

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
MCDOJO MCDOJO MCDOJO

The founder Robert Sullivan graded himself to blackbelt. They seem to produce some reasonable results it tournaments but due to their numbers I'd say some politics would be involved in their success. They are just a bunch of spruikers and as mentioned previously go kan ryu does translate as the school of rape. Kinda appropriate really

Cheers
Sam:asian: