Zaranna and Zoltan.

It just came to me. Don't know why. It is pretty lame though.:shrug:

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Zaranna and Zoltan.

It just came to me. Don't know why. It is pretty lame though.:shrug:

Actually, the names were Zaranna and Zandar, according to the GI Joe listing over at YesterdayLand

Zoltan was one of the main villains in the Battle of the Planets cartoon and comic

OP
L

LoneWolfandCub

I used to like Storm Shadow and Duke! they where my favorites.......My favorite story was the Snake Eyes Storm Shadow origin in the comic book.

OP
C

Chaos

Wow, G.I. Joe..... That show is super cheesy, I especially loved the way a gun could shoot a little blue or red laser and that laser could blow up tanks and small buildings!:rofl:

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I always liked Duke...

About 2 years ago I played in a big GI Joe Paintball scenario game, we all got character ID cards and everything, it was very cool..

I just can't wait for the live action GI Joe movie!!!

OP
J

JDenz

I liked how some laser guns sounded like regular guns and how bad Cobra was at opperating equipment. And how two whole armys shoot at eac other and no one dies unless it is a parellel universe.

OP
S

Shinzu

storm shadow was my favorite too. he was damn near impossible to find in the stores also..i lucked out...YO JOE!!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by JDenz
Zarabeth I think anyways they were cousins

Zartan, Zarana, Zandar, and the Dreadnoks, Buzzer, Ripper, Torch, Monkeywrench, Thrasher and Roadpig. There were possibly two more. (Zanzibar and Naugahide, tho It escapes me at the moment if they were Dreds or not)

I was always a Cobra Fan, I Still have a whole Wardrobe of Cobra Shirts, (Im weraing my red Crimson Guard Shirt now) and I even had Cobra Decals on my Motorcycle and Car. (I sold the bike and the Decal peeled off the Hood of the Hyundai)

My Favorites:

JOE was Tunnelrat.
Cobra would Have to be Alley Viper, or Scrap Iron, or Major Bludd.
Oktober Guard was Red Star
Iron Grenadiers was Ferret.
Drednoks was Buzzer

I am ALMOST as big a GiJoe fan as I was Star Wars, I know FAR too much about GIjoe.

And Speaking of the Cobra Song... Anyone remember when the Drednoks formed the Band "Cold Slither?" Some band actually did the song and had it on their website as an MP3. Its pretty bad, but I HAD to download it as a TRUE COBRA FAN.

OP
S

Shinzu

i used to watch the cartoon religiously, along with collecting the comics and toys. i still have a bunch of comics if anyone is interested in buying them. i tried ebay with no luck but they are all in excellent condition.

OP
J

JDenz

Technopunk why did you like tunnelrat he was kind of a sissy. Did anyone else play wrestling or MA fighting with there Joe guys. i remeber I used to have the joes wrestle the cobra's in my wwf ring. lol that was about all that ring was good for.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by JDenz
Technopunk why did you like tunnelrat he was kind of a sissy. Did anyone else play wrestling or MA fighting with there Joe guys. i remeber I used to have the joes wrestle the cobra's in my wwf ring. lol that was about all that ring was good for.

WHATTTT????

Unless your only point of referance for Tunnelrat was the stupid GiJoe movie thems FIGHTIN words...

LOL

Sgt. Lee, AKA Tunnelrat, was an Airborne Ranger who specialized in Demolitions. In the movie he was kinda a sissy, but beyond that he was a BAD DUDE that people didnt wanna mess with. He was a NEW YORKER WITH BOMBS MAN. Check out his First appearance in the Joe order of Battle and read his profile if you dont believe me. Besides... HE was cool looking.

And as far as making them Fight, Kung Fu style, someplace I ahve an animated video of Stormshadow assassinating Quick Kick while he was doing Kata I made with the figs when when I was younger.

LOL!

OP
J

JDenz

Ya I was kinda talking about the movie I just seen it on the cartoon channel not to long ago

OP
S

Shinzu

the movie is pretty cool. i saw a new kind of movie on a commercial not to long ago... looked like CG. did anyone else see the same thing??

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, Ive seen the New CGI commercials... they are (supposedly) leading up to a new CGI series about gijoe. The New Joe toys look really bad, and I dont have high hopes for the series.

Coincedentaly, if anyone cares... the Original 2 Mini Series are availible on DVD now... as a 2 disk set.

The MASS DEVICE and the WEATHER DOMINTAOR series.

Ive seen the ENTIRE GI SERIES including all 5 miniseries and all the cartoons as a 15 disk set on Ebay, but after contacting one of the sellers, he informed me that while they are "professional quality" they are NOT offical releases.

Go figure.