Ghost Town

OP
Bester

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
But, no offence Don, you don't train under Hayes.

We need to bring the folks that do in, and be certain that they have the ability to discuss their systems specifics without the folks who don't butting in and disrupting things.

That hasn't happened, as there have been a regular number of non Hayes practitioners who feel the need to step in and "correct" things. Sorry, but that's not correct. Certain things, sure, like if for example someone insists that Hayes said Hatsumi wears blue bunny slippers to train. But if Hayes wants to call a "Wrist Lock" a "Fugu Buster", well, it's his system, he can do that if he likes. And the Hayes folks should be able to discuss "Fugu Buster" without some X-Kan butting in and sticking their nose up so high you can see the back of their empty head and in a snotty type going "Its called a Wrist Lock".

The reverse is also true when a Hayes practitioner ventures into the Trad area.

There has been a small number of individuals here, many now removed, who have been unable to discuss variations in styles without a forests worth of chips on their shoulders. A pity, as despite some verbage differences, and other minor variations, it's almost all good and worthy of discussion.

Ok, thats my quota for common sence this month....back to trolling. :rofl:

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bester said:
There has been a small number of individuals here, many now removed, who have been unable to discuss variations in styles without a forests worth of chips on their shoulders.

Oh god, don't remind me. We had people pretending to be other people when giving nasty comments in the reputation function, Sending nasty e-mails to others, openly trying to get people to abandon Martialtalk because we wouldn't do things their way, etc. And the sad thing is, not one of the worse troublemakers doing these decietful acts could say that they had either met Hayes in person or trained in a legitmate Bujinkan dojo. They had their own agenda and ninja fantasy. We are so much better off without them. Maybe now we have a chance of positive discussion.

What you wrote about how the boards should be run is exactly the reasons why we set up a seperate section for Hayes folks. If Hayes wants to give a certain name to a certain technique, then he should have the right without others insisting that they use the Bujinkan terminology, etc.

I don't take offense at you pointing out that I don't train under Hayes. It is the truth after all. But the guys that do train under Hayes are the ones that should be thinking about making this place a positive area while we moderators try to keep those that have agendas against Hayes from causing trouble. Right now, we really do not have that many people who identify themselves as Toshindo folks that seem willing to keep the conversation centered on Toshindo. When people start mentioning "Bujinkan" and "Toshindo" in the same sentence there always seems to be a sense of superiority of one over the other and the sparks start to fly. Anyone else besides me notice that?

MrFunnieman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Don,

I would agree with you. My perspective on the topic slants in the other direction and I think a lot of the sparks have been made in the name of symantics. As a person that has trained in Dayton with Hayes for five years I am willing to field questions.

There is a forum that Quest Center members use and I have found things to be much lighter there, than on this site.

Latest Discussions