Getting ready for the tournament

R

ronnie_au

Good evening. I've posted a similar question in the Tae Kwon Do section but I thought I would ask all you folks as well. When getting ready for a tournament, what, if anything do you do to get ready? Right now, I am doing interval training at the gym every couple of days. 2 minutes hard core, 2 minutes easy for about 30 minutes. After class I usually try to snag one of the black belts to work on my weak points when I can. If you guys have any other tips hints or ideas that you think might help me out, I would very much so appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

OP
O

OC Kid

When I was training for tournaments , I would run and mix in some sprinting. Most karate fighting is done in short burst of speed. So your 2 minutes of banging and your 2 mintues of regular isnt going to help. Try in a 2 minute round say 15-20 sec of hard fast techniques then go to normal speed for 15-20 sec then speed up again. With a 60 sec rest period. The actual techniques well you have to develope themon your own. Also try mixing in some light weight training going say legs 120 lbs try to do it to time not reps say 15 controled lifts in 20 seconds. There are a lot of varibles that cant really be pick up on a message board. But good luck.

OP
R

ronnie_au

Thanks for the suggestions. I think this tournament is going to be a major learning experience. I'm going to try my best to use all the tips given by both you and the people who have given suggestions in the Tae Kwon Do forum as well. I'll let you all know how it goes. :)

Latest Discussions