G'Day from Perth Australia

Nishibi Ryu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello people,
I'm new to the site but not to martial arts, hope to have many good conversations with all of you at some stage and learn a thing or two along the way.
I have been training since 1984 and only had 2 instructors, the first was a lovely bloke who passed away in 1987 at the age of 82 and then I went to his next in line and been with him ever since.
I teach Jiu Jitsu, Judo and chinese boxing and from time to time we throw in some work with a Jo, Bokken, and Butterfly sword which I just received a set from China today nice ones too.
We also incorporate some Wally Jay small circle work and even some pressure point work care of Rick Clarke seminars we had back in the 90's.
All good fun to learn and teach and keep my family safe.

See you out there!

Welcome!

I had the opportunity to spend some time in your fair city back in the early 1980's when I was in the US Marine Corps. Nice place!

Hello and welcome to MT, there are alot of knowledgable people on this site.. . Look forward to seeing you on the threads!

Welcome to MT! Great to have you here, btw- what form or system of Chinese Boxing do you train?

I train CMA currently as well, some jiu-jutsu, etc... in the past. It will be great to read your posts, enjoy!

Welcome to MT! Great to have you here, btw- what form or system of Chinese Boxing do you train?

I train CMA currently as well, some jiu-jutsu, etc... in the past. It will be great to read your posts, enjoy!

Hi we utilise Wing Chun in our entry to throws, etc. Our association does run specific Wing Chun classes but it is invitation only, sounds a bit strange I know but it goes back to the days when we caucasions were not as welcome as today, long story!

Hi we utilise Wing Chun in our entry to throws, etc. Our association does run specific Wing Chun classes but it is invitation only, sounds a bit strange I know but it goes back to the days when we caucasions were not as welcome as today, long story!

Haha, I can understand what your saying. It's a lot of times common with the "older Chinese generations" of CMA Sifu's, even in America I've seen it.

But that's great, enjoy!

Latest Discussions

Back