Gas is so Embarrassing

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
A little cheesy, but I like that this video focuses on more than just the green aspects of electric cars. It's cute. Not perfect, but worth a watch.

[video=youtube_share;0cmc1EgQmOk]http://youtu.be/0cmc1EgQmOk[/video]

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do have to say tho' that sports cars like the Tezla don't half freak you out when they zoom past with nothing more than air-flow and tyre noise :lol:.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I do have to say tho' that sports cars like the Tezla don't half freak you out when they zoom past with nothing more than air-flow and tyre noise :lol:.
They're super fast, though. My next car is going to be a Tesla Model S. I hope. :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot that Americans call petrol 'gas' and thought it was a thread about flatulence.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I forgot that Americans call petrol 'gas' and thought it was a thread about flatulence.
Did you watch the video, Tez? Capitalizes on exactly that double meaning. :)

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Electric cars are a stopover IMO...combustion engines are here to stay. I expect alternative fuels to be the solution.

That said I like the video.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Electric cars are a stopover IMO...combustion engines are here to stay. I expect alternative fuels to be the solution.

That said I like the video.
If you had asked me a year ago, I would have agreed. But having driven over 11,000 miles in an EV, and seeing Tesla coming out with an 85 kwh pack that will take the car well up into the 250 to 300 mile range, I'm not so sure. We can create electricity in any number of ways, and the battery technology is already being driven by the cell phone/ipod/tablet/laptop markets. Gains in any of those has direct application in EVs.

Time will tell. :)

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's possible but I still consider EV's short term, especially considering a lot of places use non renewable resources to generate electricity. I could probably see electric city cars and hydrogen for bigger vehicles.

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Hahaha so did I, especialy when i saw it was a thread posted by Steve (BJJ) I defo thought it was about rolling and flatulence :)

Latest Discussions