Future Pool Table

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The surface technology to mimic the reaction of balls on real cloth is really cool, but the table itself looks cold, sterile and clinical. If someone said, "Here is $40K, you must spend it on a pool table!" I would rather get something like this:

http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/brunswick_collection/tables/european/isabella.html

BUT, if they added to the glass top G-1 surface technology pressure sensitiveness and RFID embeded balls for tracking and it bluetoothed the data to my computer which would store and play back the games, that would be wicked awesome!

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The surface technology to mimic the reaction of balls on real cloth is really cool, but the table itself looks cold, sterile and clinical. If someone said, "Here is $40K, you must spend it on a pool table!" I would rather get something like this:

http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/brunswick_collection/tables/european/isabella.html
Ooohh nice...

I've had the opportunity to see an antique pool table from around the 1860's when I walked in a tiny antique store in Dallas. The man admitted the cloth was replaced several times but the wood and pure ivory balls are original. He pointed out the maker's label and craftsman's initial burnt into the wood underneath the ball rack. The leather sacks for each pocket were all original. Truly a gorgeous table. Price-tag at the time I recall was around $27K and came with a certificate of authenticity from some Antiquities firm/dealer.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
no like.

The Isabella, much better.

the undercarriage would intefere with aiming. and the glare would too. fingerprints. nahhhh.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay..umm... I need 40+K to get it... so umm... I'm gonna pass the hat around and uh... well... :idunno: maybe.

It better be a REALLY BIG hat...

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Needless to say it's cool, but I would be distracted while shooting due to the stuff below the glass table. I would rather it be on a green top.
Like Crushing said, it's very clinical. It looks like an operating table.

AoG

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well... just how good of a shooter are you?? :uhyeah:

pretty good but not as good as I used to be.

Needless to say it's cool, but I would be distracted while shooting due to the stuff below the glass table. I would rather it be on a green top.
Like Crushing said, it's very clinical. It looks like an operating table.

AoG

my table's felt is navy blue :)

Latest Discussions