[Funny] What did we do on Monday?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I missed class this Monday (to check out a TKD school in my area). At my school, M-W-F is gi, Tu-Th is no-gi. We often do the same stuff in both gi and no-gi, but just as often we'll do something different.

I get to the kid's class to help out yesterday (Wednesday). Professor asks a purple belt, "What did we do on Monday?"

Purple: "I don't remember."

Professor: "Me neither." He then asks the other blue belt coach (purple belt's brother). He shrugs. I wasn't there, so I shrug.

One of the kids says, "Butterfly guard!"

Professor: "No, that was yesterday in no-gi."

Professor and the other two coaches are listing stuff we've done the last few weeks. There's two other coaches, another purple and blue belt, who are running the cardio kickboxing class on mat 2. The purple belt's wife normally runs it and was out, the blue belt had taken the class before. Professor asks both them. Both of them don't know either. They just start listing random techniques in the hopes that they get it right.

So Professor did extra warmups to give himself time to remember.

I don't think I've ever seen such collective amnesia. We're all in our 30s, except I think one of the purple belts is early 40s, so its not like we're that old!