Fuel Efficient Cars

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by upnorthkyosa
Patents are not so easily dug out of the woodwork. My friend is a patent lawyer and this kind of information, especially technical information is buried deep. This is the process, just enough info to distinguish the technology, but not enough to give it away is offered to the patent office. Honestly, though, I have never looked.

The gist of the post I offered above comes from a conversation I had with a professor from MIT. He spoke at my college to the college of science and engineering and afterward met people for an informal discussion complete with coffee and doughnuts. I bounced the above idea off of him and he told me not to bother because the idea was old. It had been researched and developed and locked away.

Maybe I should ask my uncle where to find this info. He has several patents on medical equipment. Including the stent.

Well sir, first off then you story would count as here say.

Second, off I have filed for patents and worked with a patent review board. None have made, either done already, or in progress now, or done as a defensive publication which menas that anyone can use it and not patent it.

As I have access to a team of patent lawyers who would love this technology, assuming it was cost effective, to become 20% more efficient. I could set them off on the search. This is their job to go and search.

So, I think I will just fill out the patent Record of Invention Form for my company and see what they dig up. I mean I could steal your idea at teh very least, and get rich myself. Oh wait I only get $1,000 from my company for a patent. Still it is a grand.

Do you want me to include your name? You see, if it not patented, we actually have one year to try to patent it from the day you posted your comment.

I am not saying that it does not already exist, so call your friend or send me an e-mail and I will follow up with him in person. You seem very well read and educated. I do not doubt your knowledge. I am honestly trying to get this knowledge to the public. Why(?), because it is the right thing to do for the ecology and environment.

I also do not like the rumors of the assumed carburators and other technologies that the greedy people/corporations keep out of the publics' hands. Yet you see the failure of this arguement, it is greed that would drive them to build this better product and gain market share. Do you know what people and companies due for tenths of a point of a market share, and here you claim this technology is locked away. I could get any company with this technology lots fo market share. I could even bring Diamler/Chrysler back from possible being fourth to being greater than GM in total market share. Why? Because if you can sell a car for the same price or even a mild increase in price that has a 20% advantage over the competitors. I could make Honda's Market Share go from 11% to over 30% of the market, and still make money for the company. We are talking about Billions of dollars for years in advantage. over the competitors. To have the option of hiding this technology from the public for millions or billions to not make hunderds of bilions of dollars does not make sense or CENTS.

Like I said, I do not doubt your education, or basic understanding.

Just looking to help out
:asian:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Like I said, I do not doubt your education, or basic understanding.

I didn't think this idea was that big of a deal. So, just to see what comes up, you can fill out a form with this idea on it and turn it in. THAT is interesting. Hmmmm maybe it would answer a few questions at least...how can I find your email address? One question, how can you fill out a patent on something that you can basically describe, but do not know the details? For instance, I couldn't tell you how to program the computer for this thing.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by upnorthkyosa
I didn't think this idea was that big of a deal. So, just to see what comes up, you can fill out a form with this idea on it and turn it in. THAT is interesting. Hmmmm maybe it would answer a few questions at least...how can I find your email address? One question, how can you fill out a patent on something that you can basically describe, but do not know the details? For instance, I couldn't tell you how to program the computer for this thing.

Ah, but you see, I have some ideas form this, so even if there is a patent, there could be some new ideas for this. There is also the possibility the magnetic fields would have to be too strong and nto applicable in the size of an engine. Yet, a concept is a concept and you can use a mechanical and or electrical solution as your prefered solution.

My major, concern is to stop everyone assuming that the greedy big companies will hide technology to hurt the common people of the public. It is in the best interest of the large companies to get technology like this into their hands. Some times it is not cost effective. Sometimes it is not practical, today, yet the future offers possibilites.

My Email is on my member page or click on the PM or EMAIL button on this page or any page I have posted on.

Tapps

Green Belt
Reaction score
My major, concern is to stop everyone assuming that the greedy big companies will hide technology to hurt the common people of the public. It is in the best interest of the large companies to get technology like this into their hands. Some times it is not cost effective. Sometimes it is not practical, today, yet the future offers possibilites.

Sorry Rich,

The conspiracy theorists among us disagree

Tapps

Green Belt
Reaction score
My 2 Cents:

I've heard great things about the Hybrid cars.

A salesman at Honda told me that they convert conetic (sp?) energy into electricity. That means you charge the battery everytime you hit the brake.

I didn't buy one for a very practical reason. They are low to the ground and I live in Buffalo NY ie. SNOW.

I did buy a Honda CRV. Great 4 wheel drive and I get about 25 mpg city. Won't take me off roading but eats up snow. It also is rated better than almost all of the SUV's out there even though it's lighter.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tapps
My 2 Cents:

I've heard great things about the Hybrid cars.

A salesman at Honda told me that they convert conetic (sp?) energy into electricity. That means you charge the battery everytime you hit the brake.

I didn't buy one for a very practical reason. They are low to the ground and I live in Buffalo NY ie. SNOW.

I did buy a Honda CRV. Great 4 wheel drive and I get about 25 mpg city. Won't take me off roading but eats up snow. It also is rated better than almost all of the SUV's out there even though it's lighter.

Yes, Kenetic Energy from the Brakes or when you are decelerating/coasting down and the engine ius doing the braking. This is how it recharges the Batteries.

And I still contend that Greed is a major driving force ;)

Latest Discussions