FTF

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
"
The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing (Attrbuted to various people.)

So, this guy feels he was mislead by instructors concerning the value of what he was taught. Now, it seems he may be misleading others as to the validity of his credentials. Part of the value of the internet is to enlighten the unwary.
This would make sense if you were talking to people considering training with him. Instead this thread (and others posted) are just turning into echo boards of everyone saying "yeah, he sucks" or laughing at him, rather than enlightening the unwary or figuring out how to deal with the issue.

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I can't even look at Taylor Kelly without laughing anymore lol. That's the image he put in my head. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

-Julian

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So, now he's been teaching his own curriculum for 6 years (since age 15 or 16) while he was teaching at his instructor's school?

I think he alluded to that in his prior video, "How do deal with difficult Korean masters", or whatever that video was called. The upshot was that he just went to a different school and taught his own curriculum.

Also, regarding this new video, what does it mean to combine "taekwondo, boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, bjj, and MMA" ? Isn't that just MMA, period? Isn't that what the first M stands for?

And also, "All the good stuff you see in traditional martial arts (like belt progression)" ...but not forms of course. So it sounds like FTF is just MMA...but with belt colors?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think he alluded to that in his prior video, "How do deal with difficult Korean masters", or whatever that video was called. The upshot was that he just went to a different school and taught his own curriculum.

Also, regarding this new video, what does it mean to combine "taekwondo, boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, bjj, and MMA" ? Isn't that just MMA, period? Isn't that what the first M stands for?

And also, "All the good stuff you see in traditional martial arts (like belt progression)" ...but not forms of course. So it sounds like FTF is just MMA...but with belt colors?
This is what his system looks like. These are FTF combinations

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

Kicking and punching a bag is a system? FTF combinations? How are they different from what anybody kicking and punching a bag (with the most basic of kicking and punching techniques) would do?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kicking and punching a bag is a system? FTF combinations? How are they different from what anybody kicking and punching a bag (with the most basic of kicking and punching techniques) would do?
That would be a good question for one of his fanboys to ask him.

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
He's really breaking new ground. Personally, I've never been a fan of throwing back hook kicks on a "heavy" bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He's really breaking new ground. Personally, I've never been a fan of throwing back hook kicks on a "heavy" bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. TMA's don't have those type of punches (jab, uppercuts, hooks, cross, spinning back kick, thrust punch, overhand punch, reverse punch,). It's a good thing FTF is now here to show us the functional combinations.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why, oh why, can't I keep away from reading this thread? I feel like I'm hooked on drugs.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why, oh why, can't I keep away from reading this thread? I feel like I'm hooked on drugs.
lol...don't fight it. It's entertainment. Just when you think it can't get worst, it does. lol

Metal

Green Belt
Reaction score
While it is entertaining to see these two guys making fools of themselves it's also pretty sad as well as upsetting.

And after all: Two guys ranting about martial arts while sitting on a couch isn't a Federation.

The more videos I watched the more those dudes remind me of "Pinky and the Brain".

Actually, what they're doing has been done countless times before. Only in the past people didn't really know how use the internet to spread their ideas.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
The more videos I watched the more those dudes remind me of "Pinky and the Brain".

I was thinking more like Statler and Waldorf:

Statler-and-Waldorf5thseason.jpeg

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if it's an FTF thing to drop the kicking side hand as you use that leg to kick. Sorry - one of my favorite corrections.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if it's an FTF thing to drop the kicking side hand as you use that leg to kick. Sorry - one of my favorite corrections.
It's actually correct Muay Thai form to drop the kicking side hand when throwing a round kick. He might have picked it up from there. Or maybe not, considering he also does the same thing on his spin kicks.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
he's got major telltale issues. He shakes his left hand before he attacks.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good catch - a little double pump.
Thanks. Winning a sparring match or fight with a telltale that big would be extremely difficult since it gives away when you will attack. He might as well just say outloud. "I'm going to attack." You can actually see the same telltale here. I think his sparring partner was exploiting it.

Latest Discussions