From a Christian Perspective and From a Biblical Perspective

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
From a Christian perspective and from a Biblical perspective I would like to say that this life isn't important.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a Christian since was young and, we'll i never really learned much about different lives. Are you comparing this to the afterlife or anything of the sort? There may not be much significant meaning. But a good answer to your question would be another question and that could be "why isn't this life important" there's always something important about life whether it's friends, family, or if you don't have those you still have your beliefs so there's ALWAYS SOMETHING important

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
From a Christian perspective and from a Biblical perspective I would like to say that this life isn't important.
And from every other perspective it is ... so make the most of it. ;)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I'm not sure what this means but its sounds borderline like a call for help here or something. From the Christian, Biblical, and practical perspective life is a gift and very important.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's a lot of good answers, perspective... Is kinda like color blind there's some things you can clearly see well its black and white but misinterpreted messages or lack of understanding is like the colors

To truly see the importance that's something you gotta do with an open mind because everybody has a different answer (that's what makes everyone an INDIVIDUAL)

Best of luck

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

As a borderline atheist, I must say I think you missed something in your studies of the Bible.

Forever Training

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
From another Christian's perspective, God would not have put us here for nothing. You need to rephrase your OP to reflect what you truly mean.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

If this life isn't important, then why did God send his son, Jesus, to atone for our sins so that we may spend eternity with God? If this life isn't important, then why did God reveal himself to man through the ages so that we may know him?

If this life isn't important then it really doesn't matter AT ALL how we live it, what we do, or how we spend our time. This is not a Christian/Biblical viewpoint at all. In fact, one could argue that it is the start towards Hedomism (among others), in that, because nothing matters the only thing that matters is the pleasure we seek and give to ourselves in all things (food, drink, sex etc).

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this life isn't important, then why did God send his son, Jesus, to atone for our sins so that we may spend eternity with God? If this life isn't important, then why did God reveal himself to man through the ages so that we may know him?

If this life isn't important then it really doesn't matter AT ALL how we live it, what we do, or how we spend our time. This is not a Christian/Biblical viewpoint at all. In fact, one could argue that it is the start towards Hedomism (among others), in that, because nothing matters the only thing that matters is the pleasure we seek and give to ourselves in all things (food, drink, sex etc).

I have heard some Christians argue that the only path to heaven is through belief in Christ as the savior. The argument can be reduced to; regardless of one's behavior, if one believes in that sole element (Christ is savior) then one goes to heaven. Even in that minimalist reduction, you have to have this life to achieve that singular belief. That seems to lead to the conclusion that having this life, in order to have the belief in Christ, becomes extraordinarily important if you aspire to getting to heaven.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the most part and if we let it, life in general can take it's toll. But, I do feel that the most simplest of things can have the most profound impact, if, we let it.
While talking to a 90 year old woman last week who was friends with my mom, our conversation turned toward life and meaning. What she told me, was one of the most important things in life, was how we treated people.
She went on to say that we have within us a gift that costs nothing to give with minimal effort on our part. That gift is a "smile" and it crosses all social economical and ethnic barriers.

So, to answer the OP, whether Christian perspective or Biblical perspective or just our perspective, life is what we choose to make of it from the moment we step out the door each and every morning........ :)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For the most part and if we let it, life in general can take it's toll. But, I do feel that the most simplest of things can have the most profound impact, if, we let it.
While talking to a 90 year old woman last week who was friends with my mom, our conversation turned toward life and meaning. What she told me, was one of the most important things in life, was how we treated people.
She went on to say that we have within us a gift that costs nothing to give with minimal effort on our part. That gift is a "smile" and it crosses all social economical and ethnic barriers.

So, to answer the OP, whether Christian perspective or Biblical perspective or just our perspective, life is what we choose to make of it from the moment we step out the door each and every morning........ :)
Amen Brother!
:asian:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

As a naturalist, I say that this life is both the most and least important.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well the Bible makes it very clear that you don't get to Heaven by living a good life or by living a certain lifestyle. You get to Heaven by trusting Jesus Christ as your savior. As far as being good enough to get to Heaven, according to the Bible we've already failed at that. We're all sinners. The only way to get to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. So living a good life won't get you to Heaven. The most successful life in the world won't get you to Heaven.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you don't believe in Jesus then you don't believe in Heaven so why do you care?

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you don't believe in Jesus then you don't believe in Heaven so why do you care?

If you don't believe in that stuff than you probably wouldn't care, and that's your choice. Not everybody believes the Bible and for those who don't I respect that. However, this thread is aimed towards believing in the Bible. If you don't believe the Bible than this thread probably isn't for you.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you don't believe in that stuff than you probably wouldn't care, and that's your choice. Not everybody believes the Bible and for those who don't I respect that. However, this thread is aimed towards believing in the Bible. If you don't believe the Bible than this thread probably isn't for you.
If you believe in the Bible then you believe in Jesus so your point is well pointless

Latest Discussions