French victories

M

Master of Blades

Hmmm.....They never do much fighting, but they always end up with a piece of land when they divide it between Britain and America and whoever lol

S

sweeper

The only navel victory that the French had in it's long history is the blowing-up of the Rainbow Warrior in New Zealand.

What the heck was up with that? What was their reason for sinking it?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
While bashing the French is fun, lets not forget Napolean was French. Sure he lost in the end, but he is considered one of histories great military commanders.

Lamont

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Blindside
While bashing the French is fun, lets not forget Napolean was French. Sure he lost in the end, but he is considered one of histories great military commanders.

Lamont
He was also genocidal and a coward.
Genocidal-He turned grapeshot on unarmed civilians for demonstrating
Coward-Twice while a young officer in Africa, he hid from the fighting.

E

Elfan

The sinking thing was the most recent "naval vicotry" not the only, unless the writer was diliberatly lieing instead of just selecting those things which prove his point.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
He was also genocidal and a coward.
Genocidal-He turned grapeshot on unarmed civilians for demonstrating
Coward-Twice while a young officer in Africa, he hid from the fighting.

Well, that isn't genocide, that is however, a great example of being a murderer.

I didn't say that he a good person or that you should seek to emulate him. All I said was that he is one of the great military leaders on record. This thread is about military victories, and he stacked up way more than his fair share.

Lamont

E

Elfan

Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
How many French men does it take to defend Paris?

None. Never been done before.

Okay its not that hard to make fun of the French, Frenchwomen don't shave their legs damn it!, at least stick to something thats at least somewhat acurate.

"That joke was making the rounds at a political conference in Washington this weekend. It is a cruel and unjust jest. As Margaret Macmillan writes, in Paris 1919, 1.3 million Frenchmen – one out of every four between 18 and 30 – died in the Great War (1914-1918), and twice as many were wounded fighting successfully to defend Paris. "

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31002

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Blindside
Well, that isn't genocide, that is however, a great example of being a murderer.

I didn't say that he a good person or that you should seek to emulate him. All I said was that he is one of the great military leaders on record. This thread is about military victories, and he stacked up way more than his fair share.

Lamont
Lamont,
my point was this, he has a great many victories on record, because he oversaw what was recorded. I used the term genocide because he had a habit of targeting his own people. A lot of his "victories" were against unarmed civilains. He was a very good tactitian, but a lousy leader.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Elfan
Okay its not that hard to make fun of the French, Frenchwomen don't shave their legs damn it!, at least stick to something thats at least somewhat acurate.

"That joke was making the rounds at a political conference in Washington this weekend. It is a cruel and unjust jest. As Margaret Macmillan writes, in Paris 1919, 1.3 million Frenchmen – one out of every four between 18 and 30 – died in the Great War (1914-1918), and twice as many were wounded fighting successfully to defend Paris. "

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31002

Haha. Face it. The French have never fought well since Napolean. The only respectable fighting forces France has, is....DRUM ROLL..... THE FOREIGN LEGION !!!! LMAO!

S

sweeper

Originally posted by Elfan
The sinking thing was the most recent "naval vicotry" not the only, unless the writer was diliberatly lieing instead of just selecting those things which prove his point.

I think the writer was just poking fun (with something very sharp maybe)

but my question still stands, why did the french want to kill a bunch of hippies?

E

Elfan

Originally posted by sweeper
I think the writer was just poking fun (with something very sharp maybe)

but my question still stands, why did the french want to kill a bunch of hippies?

I searched google and was unable to come up with a satisfactory summary (Greenpeace is probably rather biased here).

Anyone have more informaiton?

M

Mike Clarke

As I recall it had to do with Greenpeace putting the spotlight on the French using the south Pacific for their Nuclear Bomb tests?

It's interesting to note that this nation of little men have a chicken as their national emblem, and use roman numerals [becuase they would look silly using French Letters:p] , and invite tin pot dictators over from Africa for a chat while all the time trying to tell the free world to play nice with Saddam.

So what do we know?
Well, they don't mind resorting to a bit of state sponsered terrorism when it suits. And they like to wine and dine evil people.
but of course I'm talking of the politicians here, and the faceless paper pushers who scurry around behind the sceens.

We all have such gollum like creatures in our countries. Who amongst us can say we don't? :soapbox:

Mike.

M

MartialArtist

The Algerian Rebellion was not the first time a Western army was defeated since the Crusades (all of them). Mongols? Germans and Soviets? The list is endless.

S

sweeper

that's what I have heard about the rainbow warrior also, but did the french give an official reason?

Maybe I should just look up issues of the newyork times to find out.. seems kinda extreem.