Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like it, too.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
We need more footage of someone showing wing chun principles can be applied to ground game.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fong is an eclectic guy - he does Muay Thai, JKD, Kali, BJJ, and Shooto as well as Wing Chun. The video looks like his own personal blend of arts.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about videos like this is that it's Style A vs Style A. There needs to be more videos showing Style A dealing with a jab or Style A dealing with a 1-2 jab combination. Much of that would be difficult to do because and opponent from a different system isn't going to confront you with a Wing Chun stance.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
F. Fong trained in Judo and TKD prior to learning wing chun.
He has also trained in Muay Thai, JunFan, Kali, Shooto, BJJ, and firearms tactics.
When he teaches wing chun he teaches wing chun. Then he demonstrates wc principles utilized in many different application potentials.
The above video is from a Train With The Masters camp with people from many different martial systems.
He presses his students to practice against many different systems.
I like and enjoy his perspectives.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
wing chun with jiu jitsu. i like it!
Francis Fong doesn't do jiu jitsu...he has done some training in it and it is taught in his academy by other instructors. He openly states he is a white belt in bjj and he doesn't teach it. He has more judo and shooto in his game than jits.

Latest Discussions