Four-Man Kenpo Sets?

TheEdge883

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just a thought from me, wouldn't the two man set be considered a form. I suppose it is classified as a form, but shouldn't it be named the "two man form". Sorry, just had a deep thoughts moment here.
I am not familiar with any standardized form named 'four man set', but weren't the regular forms created with multiple attackers in mind? Like Taekwon Do or Shotokan forms, they can be considered multiple attacker forms.
There is a mass attacks form that also deals with multiple attacks, but I don't have any idea what's in it.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
The term "two-man set" (or "black belt set") predates the EPAK definition seperation of forms and sets, its name is an artifact of the time, similar to "Book Set" or "Panther Set."
Mass Attack is simply a technique form that emphasizes multiple attacker techniques.

I have never heard of another multiple person form in the Parker kenpo derivations.

Lamont

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Blindside said:
The term "two-man set" (or "black belt set") predates the EPAK definition seperation of forms and sets, its name is an artifact of the time, similar to "Book Set" or "Panther Set."
Mass Attack is simply a technique form that emphasizes multiple attacker techniques.

I have never heard of another multiple person form in the Parker kenpo derivations.

Lamont
Correct sir. The term "set" is from the Old Chinese as I was taught where any pre-arranged "form" with two people was designated as a "set." "Forms" were and are singular executiion.

OP
N

NTDeveloper

Thank you, gentlemen, for your responses.