Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Former WWE Superstar Batista: MMA Deal with Strikeforce Is Dead

Full story: BleacherReport
Former World Wrestling Entertainment superstar Dave " Batista " Bautista has been rumored to be working on a deal with Strikeforce MMA for nearly a year, but most recently "The Animal" announced that his deal with the organization had fallen through.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. Away from the WWE, he's just another 'big guy' and at 42, well past the age most guys seem to get into the MMA competition scene.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. Away from the WWE, he's just another 'big guy' and at 42, well past the age most guys seem to get into the MMA competition scene.

Let's not forget that he's very injury prone as well. I look for him to return to pro-wrestling very shortly.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's another good point. He spent a lot of time injured his last year or 2 in WWE. Age tends to not treat those well. I'd be interested to see him go to TNA, he could work the lighter schedule, dominate and still keep his MMA options open.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's another good point. He spent a lot of time injured his last year or 2 in WWE. Age tends to not treat those well. I'd be interested to see him go to TNA, he could work the lighter schedule, dominate and still keep his MMA options open.

I was actually thinking the same thing, seems like it would benefit him better in the long run with working a lighter schedule. It seems like there are quite a few rumblings about some other big names looking to leave WWE and quite possibly jump ship to either TNA, Japan or one of the other bigger independent organizations.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It would also make sense, goto TNA, get his name back out in the lime light, work some Japan dates as well, and keep working on the MMA route.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Plus, I like the guy and wouldn't mind seeing him pound the **** outta Lesner. :D

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Plus, I like the guy and wouldn't mind seeing him pound the **** outta Lesner. :D

Brock is another one I see eventually going back to wrestling professionally once his MMA days are done. He had a successful run with IWGP in Japan before debuting with the UFC. I could definitely see him making another run in either Japan or TNA.

Latest Discussions