Fork of martial artists for Christ, dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Except, I never called out to those pagan false deities. So they never would get credit for healing me (supposing, for your premis that they exist/existed)
If you leave home with a messy lawn and come home to find that someone has mowed the grass and trimmed the trees, you don't know which of your neighbors did that. theres a fine line between faith and wishful thinking.

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, what is not known is the conditions exactly at, and prior to, the Big Bang. So a claim that there was nothing before, is not substantiated. It is unknown.

How do you feel this affects a diety?

Well. Have to agree, none of us were there.
The bible maintains God was there when created the universe.

I understand that you reject the bible's record of this. I hope it works out for you.

I see that you need proof before you will believe.

I fear that no evidence that will bear enough scrutiny exists to meet your standard.

You can lead a horse to water, etc.

I doubt that you will accept that the universe had a beginning. Even though it's true.

There is an old quote:
"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible."
Stuart Chase

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I understand that you reject the bible's record of this. I hope it works out for you.

I fear that no evidence that will bear enough scrutiny exists to meet your standard.

I doubt that you will accept that the universe had a beginning. Even though it's true.

There is an old quote:
"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible."
Stuart Chase
Im ok with it, as long as you understand that your belief is based on faith and not evidence.

That cannot be taught in school as an alternate "science". It absolutely is not science.

It can be taught in a religious studies course. It cannot be taught as science, or as an alternative to evolution.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Except, I never called out to those pagan false deities. So they never would get credit for healing me (supposing, for your premis that they exist/existed)

Ok. is god responsible for all the bad miraculous things that happen?

I come home and all the milk is gone for no good reason. Is he stealing my milk?

zephyr424

White Belt
Reaction score
If you're not an angel, just know that almost everyone on this earth -besides you- is. That includes everyone in your family. Beware though, they will deny it while being able to supernaturally read your mind to know if you believe them. Having angels everywhere is how culture can change so radically from the 50's Leave it to Beaver to the rampant immorality of today. Regular humans wouldn't allow such vulnerability to their sons and daughters everything else being equal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It excludes messianic Judaism.

NO, THERE IS NO SUCH THING. IT'S CHRISTIANITY THROUGH AND THROUGH.

To present your Christianity as 'messianic Judaism' is a false and misleading trick to try and make people think that you are connected to Judaism which you are not, it bears not the slightest resemblance to anything Jewish and to do say it does is an affront to every Jewish man, woman and child. to be honest I can't think of anything you could post up along with your mumbo jumbo that is designed to affront and disgust more.
if you actually really look at your Jesus, he was a Jew, he followed Jewish practices, he said nothing that had not bee written before and while he may have been a messiah, one of many, it doesn't mean what you think it does, he was not the Mashiach, which is easy to prove...we are all still here.
I'm done, I have enough stalkers from here pushing me to convert in their weird belief that when all Jews convert the end of the world will come along with the rapture. Bollocks.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and to put 'Messianic Jews' into context...imagine I blacked up my face and said I said I was down with the N-word while one of my friends pull her eyes into slits, said she was Japanese while making stupid kiai noises and another friend was dressed as a sexy 'Red Indian'. Yep it's that offensive.

D

Dylan9d

Im an Atheïst by heart.........

Grew up in a Christian home, but got cured and came to one insight.

Here comes: "Religions are like Wing Chun lineages, each knows best and they are always fighting"

Thus far my link between religion and martial arts :)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, we have to suppose for your premise that your god exists. I'm sure if anyone still worships Isis or Minerva, they would feel the same way about your god, that he is a false diety.

That's the thing with religions: everybody else worships a false diety, on a two-way street. And yet nobody can offer a shred of actual proof.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you're not an angel, just know that almost everyone on this earth -besides you- is. That includes everyone in your family. Beware though, they will deny it while being able to supernaturally read your mind to know if you believe them. Having angels everywhere is how culture can change so radically from the 50's Leave it to Beaver to the rampant immorality of today. Regular humans wouldn't allow such vulnerability to their sons and daughters everything else being equal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Wow. I can honestly say, I've never heard this line of reasoning before.

Do tell.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That presumes they (assuming they exist) care about the credit, or whether you specifically asked them.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is an old quote:
Stuart Chase
A corollary: For those who belief, no counter-evidence is sufficient. For those who don't believe, any counter-evidence is sufficient.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A corollary: For those who belief, no counter-evidence is sufficient. For those who don't believe, any counter-evidence is sufficient.
Well, I wouldn't say ANY counter-evidence is sufficient. But ANY genuine evidence would certainly be interesting, because it's more that they've got so far.

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't say ANY counter-evidence is sufficient. But ANY genuine evidence would certainly be interesting, because it's more that they've got so far.

I am looking forward to the day that genuine believers in Christ, have their faith validation with absolute proof at His return.

I know what I have experienced. I know what His word says.

You may know a little bit about what His word says, but you have never experienced any of it.

At least you are a good sport. You have been rather kind and gentle. There are many on the Internet, who are not.

The look on the faces of the mean-spirited scoffers, will be priceless.

Not saying anyone here is a mean spirited scoffed.

But the day will come when the faithful are justly rewarded.

Flying Crane, I predict, that you will get proof, in time.

It should be very interesting indeed.

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
NO, THERE IS NO SUCH THING. IT'S CHRISTIANITY THROUGH AND THROUGH.

To present your Christianity as 'messianic Judaism' is a false and misleading trick to try and make people think that you are connected to Judaism which you are not, it bears not the slightest resemblance to anything Jewish and to do say it does is an affront to every Jewish man, woman and child. to be honest I can't think of anything you could post up along with your mumbo jumbo that is designed to affront and disgust more.
if you actually really look at your Jesus, he was a Jew, he followed Jewish practices, he said nothing that had not bee written before and while he may have been a messiah, one of many, it doesn't mean what you think it does, he was not the Mashiach, which is easy to prove...we are all still here.
I'm done, I have enough stalkers from here pushing me to convert in their weird belief that when all Jews convert the end of the world will come along with the rapture. Bollocks.

Plenty of Jews are still thoroughly Jewish, and know their messiah. They are a minority, but dispite propaganda to the contrary, they in small communites, exist.

As for Him being the Messiah, I will leave that to Him to show you.

I could care less if you converted Tez, or remained as you are.

I have been through enough in dealing with you, on other issues to ever concern myself with trying to show you who the Messiah is/was.

I am not interested in talking with someone who is close minded and already has it all figured out.

Good luck with that, Milady.
/waves byebye

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh and to put 'Messianic Jews' into context...imagine I blacked up my face and said I said I was down with the N-word while one of my friends pull her eyes into slits, said she was Japanese while making stupid kiai noises and another friend was dressed as a sexy 'Red Indian'. Yep it's that offensive.

Sorry you feel that way.
You don't understand, and that's fine.

Maybe when your whole family pretends you are dead, because you follow Yeshua. You will understand, that we exist.

What I practice in my home has no resemblance to the Christianity that you think you know.

For the others reading

What is Messianic Judaism? - Congregation Shema Yisrael

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both the original and its corollary are about confirmation bias (though those who quote the original are usually not aware of that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions