For Xue Sheng and Sukerkin, and anyone else who likes trees....

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Trees! And some water too ;)

Attachments

• $jaffrey2.jpg
    $jaffrey2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 176
  • $jaffrey1c.jpg
    $jaffrey1c.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 184

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for those, Carol - that looks like a pretty fast flowing water-course there!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pretty pictures Carol. :) Quite nice for a photog noob. My daughter seems to have a natural knack for photography. I'll see if I can get a hold of some of her shots and post them.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey those tree's are in the way of the rocks and water I so love!!!

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for those, Carol - that looks like a pretty fast flowing water-course there!

Beautiful..... nice trees...LET ME AT EM'!!!! :D

Very nice Carol where in NH is that, still near Monadnock?

Yup, this is also Jaffrey, NH within a few miles of the Grand Monadnock base. The water is the Contoocook River, near its source.

As an aside...this is one of the few rivers in the US that flows northwards, and it also sports a couple of the last remaining covered bridges in the country. I haven't photographed them yet tho....future project! :D

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pretty pictures Carol. :) Quite nice for a photog noob. My daughter seems to have a natural knack for photography. I'll see if I can get a hold of some of her shots and post them.

Please post them up! I'd love to see them!

Basically my photography background is this....I have done a lot of picture taking in the past, and have been fortunate enough to have a few also-not-skilled-photog friends that have given me some ideas as to how to capture a good shot. Biggest rule seems to be "patience" which is something I didn't always have a lot of when I was younger. ;)

When I've bought digital cameras in the past, I've gone for the most megapixels that I can afford, above all else, which generally meant I had a camera with an OK amount of megapixels and little-to-no features. :lol: I bought an OK camera last year with the idea of learning more about what really goes in to a good picture....and the camera got stolen on my 40th birthday with all of my family Thanksgiving pictures. I was visiting my relatives in NC and didn't have a way of offloading on to a laptop. I have to admit that soured me on the hobby for a little while. I did decide to get a new camera earlier this summer so now I'm trying to learn more about what I can actually do with it. :)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What F stop/ISO did you use?

ISO 250 for both shots.

F2.8 for the left shot, which was taken on a bridge.

F3.5 for the right shot, which was taken under a tree.

Latest Discussions