FMAT: Would you go out on your own?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Would you go out on your own?
By geezer - 11-03-2008 06:51 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I was just reading Bobbe Edmonds' blog, "Thick as Thieves" in which he discusses getting rid of a lot of old rubbish including certificates from many people he studied under. Apparently it was a little hard to rid himself of all these trappings of earlier days when he loyally trained under other instructors. But if I understood him, this was a necessary step in freeing himself to truly be his own man and do his own thing.

Now my first instructor studied under Cabales, Giron, Sarmiento, Revillar, and others. But he also went out and started his own system...at a fairly early age. Hell, each of those old masters had their own system. As did Tatang Ilustrisimo, Floro Villabrille, the Presas, the young Edgar Sulite and dozens of others. My current instructor, Martin Torres, founded his own system...and he's damn good too. In fact it seems like most of the guys in the FMA who are really good eventually break off and do their own thing.

Well, I don't have the talent or inclination to ever do that myself, but many of you may reach that level someday. Maybe you already have. When would you decide to go out on your own and why ...or why not?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions