<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Training Aids
By storyc - Tue, 15 Jan 2008 03:55:09 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hello all,

First time poster.

I've been training for about two years now in Pekiti and love its concepts and application. I've lurked here for about six months now and have enjoyed many of the posts by Grand Tuhon Gaje and many others.

While training, I have found that taking small pieces of the doce methodos and incorporating them into conditioning exercises are helpful. Does anyone else have any specialized aids to help them in their training? I've heard of people practicing their 1-4's (escrima) on a tire and various other practices. I've been using trees for my knife thrusts and have found that it helps with my timing. Any ideas from others would be greatly appreciated.

Good day to you all.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
just an idea. how about hanging something really small and light up with a string. something that will bob and swing uncontrollably every time it is slashed or struck. something the size of a cap of a bottle or milkcontainer- or preferably, something that is a little more round shaped so you can aim at various angles- . that way, by having such a tiny target that moves so much, you have to practice even slower but more precisely. slower in this case but still as fast as possible without missing. i don't think it is necesarry to make too much contact- of course it would get harder every time the object is bounced- i think theres only so much damage you can do to such a light and responsive target. probably just a few scratches , pucturing would be a quite a challenge depending on the target.

j

Latest Discussions