FMAT: Large diameter rope for striking drills?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Large diameter rope for striking drills?
By James - Tue, 12 Sep 2006 05:46:15 GMT

====================

I posted this on Eskrima digest as well, but I thought I'd put it here too:

Years ago I was at someone's school on the East Coast of the US (don't remember who's school it was) for a seminar, and they had large diameter rope hanging up to practice striking drills. The rope was probably about 2 - 3 inches in diameter. It was thick and heavy enough to stike hard, but also absorbed most of the blow so you could strike it pretty rapidly without your stick getting tangled.

Has anyone see this before? If you have, do you know the dimension of the rope and what kind of rope is used? We have alot of supply companies down here in New Orleans that carry pretty thick rope for use on oil rigs and the shipping industry, so I can probably find something suitable. Just looking to see if anyone remembers this or has had experience using this kind of thing

thanks,
James

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would be interested also in finding out what kin of rope and where it could be purchased

Tony Torre

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Very interesting. I will try this out tonight. We have a thick rope we use to develope our strength by climbing it. It never occured to me to try and hit it.

Thanks,
Tony Torre
Miami Arnis Group
www.miamiarnisgroup.com

Latest Discussions