FMAT: Is Pekiti Tirsia a Pure / Thoroughbred FMA?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Is Pekiti Tirsia a Pure / Thoroughbred FMA?
By truth_be_told - Wed, 09 May 2007 06:02:14 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

reading after GM Leo Gaje blogspot at http://pekiti-tirsia.typepad.com

have following question -
i) Is PTK really a 100% genuine pure bred FMA?

ii) How does GM Leo view existing FMA in the Phil if such the case ?
If impression is wrong, why does GM Leo Gaje make statement like below:

On one hand seems to say ( PTK Unity amongst FMAers is only for select group Inosantos, Bakbakan, Doce Pares etc. except Balintawak)
quate - blog Oct 23, 2006
'I dont tolerate anyone who critizes anyone and who cannot justify that critisicm.
If you critize Guro Dan Inosanto or Bakbakan or Doce Pares or any FMA it is as good as you critize me or despise our teachings.

If you are with Balintawak and you think non-Balintawak is no tgt good then come out in the open and say you are Balintawak that way I will respect you but hide like a wet chicken then you are useless.
Nobody question the blade while it is flat and nobody question the stick since it is round and nobody undermines the bullet because it bites'
On the other hand, he blasted the above same group.
quate March 07, 2007 GM Leo blogspot says

I) In PEKITI TIRSIA EYES, Non-Filipino teachings or Non-Filipino content (whether from silat, japarts, chinesearts etc.) HAS NO PLACE IN REAL WORLD
i) Leo own words "THE DAYS ARE NUMBERED FOR THOSE WHOSE IMAGE IN THE FMA IS MIXED WITH THE NON-FILIPINO SUBSTANCES. "

So Canete's family arts like Cacoy Doce Pares or even Eskrido or MODERN ARNIS or KOMBATAN or Bakbakan or other FMAs that had foreign content can all go Asunder ?

"THE NON-FILIPINO TEACHINGS AND THE NON-FILIPINO MATERIALS IN THE REALITY OF COMBATANCY HAS NO PLACE IN THE REAL WORLD OF
DEAD MAN TELLS NO TALES ENCOUNTERS. "
i wonder if this befits Dan Inosanto. He is American (never step foot on Phil soil), he also teaches materials of Non-Filipino origins ?

Sorry if ask the question isn't Tom Bisio master of PTK Doce Methodos which is accumulation of other FMA arts?

II) KALI IS THE MOTHER FMA ARTs ...ARNIS/ESKRIMA proponents are 'Liars Martial Arts'?

quate GM Leo blog on Aug 28:
'One of the arguments is the use of the word Arnis-Escrima instead of the true word of Kali.

Those who insist to use the word Arnis-Escrima is the fact that the existense of non-filipino martial arts became a materials to mixed with other martial arts believing that mixed can be a good material in the teachings making people believe that such style is good style.

More so with the teachers who knows a little and yet pretended to be knowing a lot'

believed GM Cacoy Canete is in project to dispel 'KALI' the word or mother art of FMA. see Cacoy interview recent past.

Tell me if impression is wrong.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions