FMAT: Fighting For Fame

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Fighting For Fame
By The Phalanx - 04-14-2009 11:56 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

What do you guys think of people who fight for fame and fortune? Like Boxers and MMA fighters... I hear some comments saying that they're selling out...

I really don't know why people would think like that... Since fighters have been fighting for thousands of years just for the fame...

I think professional fighters and fighters who take it to the limit and beyond are the best ones to observe as far as using skills in real time... They know what works and what doesn't... How to use proper footwork, proper techniques, proper timing, all in real time... They are the best of the best and should be the ones we observe in learning MA...

So when someone says that they're sellouts or are are shaming MA cause they do it for fame... I think they really don't know what they're talking about anyways...

It's like when people on YouTube and other forums make comments on how the Dog Brothers are a bunch of nutjobs with a stick and fight without any proper technique... I mean do people even know what fighting is really about? Can they not see the techniques happen? The footwork? All that happens in real time...

Maybe if some could slow down some of the MMA and Dog Brothers fights that's when they can see the techniques happen... You can see the footwork, the timing, the blocks, the counters, the precision strikes... I really don't know what some people base their opinions on... I think some people with that kind of opinion really don't know anything about MA at all...

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed