FMAT: "Eskrimadors" Screening in Manila last night....

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
"Eskrimadors" Screening in Manila last night....
By eskrimakaliarnis.com - 02-21-2010 03:03 AM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

My wife and I and some training brothers went to this last night and it was simply amazing!

It received a great reception from the several hundred in attendance too.

At only 61 minutes long I was surprised with the amount of scope in the documentary. There were some great interviews, techniques, a bit on history and re-enactments of duels. I think it will bring great exposure for the FMA and the film was professionally put together.

Many Filipinos in attendance said how proud they were of the movie and the film maker (and cool guy:coolorang) Kerwin Go. Not being Filipino I was also proud of seeing the art we study on the big screen. I think it will be revered by enthusiasts and those new to the art alike. I especially liked how the film made a point that the Philippines could do more to promote the art and how it has spread like wildfire overseas.

After the movie there was a Q & A session with Mr Go and that was great. He announced that the DVD will be available on Amazon soon. We also met him after the show and he graciously let us take a few photos too.

I think everybody was blown away by it and the only thing that was a bit controversial was how the movie dealt with "Anting Anting". Apart from that I can't wait to get my copy soon. Look out for it!

(In the meantime for those that haven't seen it here's a trailer)

http://eskrimadorsdocu.com

*** I have no connection with this production and am not distributing the movie at this time. I hope "General" is the right forum for this.***

Simon.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

bailong

White Belt
Reaction score
Simon, what's up? I'm jealous that I haven't seen it yet. I'll be over there soon though. Was it just Doce Pares, and Balintiwak technique? What were the other FMA methods? Take care of yourself.

Latest Discussions