FMAT: Dan Inosanto and Balintawak?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Dan Inosanto and Balintawak?
By arnisador - Tue, 01 May 2007 14:20:40 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

At the Dan Inosanto seminar this past weekend he did a brief Balintawak section. I was surprised because I didn't think that was part of his system. He told the jailed-with-a-Frenchman story (and clearly indicated that it might be apocryphal). Someone suggested his Balintawak training was via Ising Atillo--is that so?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Morgan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Dan Inosanto and Balintawak?
By arnisador - Tue, 01 May 2007 14:20:40 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk
====================

At the Dan Inosanto seminar this past weekend he did a brief Balintawak section. I was surprised because I didn't think that was part of his system. He told the jailed-with-a-Frenchman story (and clearly indicated that it might be apocryphal). Someone suggested his Balintawak training was via Ising Atillo--is that so?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Could be. The only story that I've come across about being jailed with a Frenchman is that of Lorenzo Saavedra which eventually leads to Vincente Atillo and his son Crispulo. There ia a lot of controversy surounding C. Atillo. OTOH a recent publication by Michael Bates in the FMADigest seems to suggest that C. Atillo is attracting a lot of attention in spite of the controversy. Maybe Guro Dan is on to something.

Your post has me even more curious about C. Atillo. Maybe I need to find a seminar of his to attend.

Morgan

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He did only a brief segment on Balintawak and I recognized the techniques. But, I hadn't heard of him having dabbled in it at all!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From my understanding, Ising Atillo was teaching out of his academy when he came over from the PI. It is my understanding that it he is not teaching their now. I do know that Guro Dan I has had some exposure to Balintawak via this. He also has a student here in South East Michigan (Dave) who has also studied Balintawak with GM Ted Buot. Guro Dan I may have some knowledge from this source as well.

Latest Discussions