FMAT: Can FMA be learned without a teacher?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Can FMA be learned without a teacher?
By Sheik08 - 04-14-2009 06:09 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hi all. I was wondering if a person could learn FMA without personal supervision of an instructor. I'm asking this because there are no FMA schools in my city. But I have some instructional videos of Paul Vunak (JKD-Kali instructor, former student of Inosanto), and I have previus experience in other martial arts: Shotokan Karate and Boxing.

I know that obiously it will never be the same without personal supervision but, can I actually learn a little of FMA at least? Or am I just wasting my time?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

chris arena

Green Belt
Reaction score
There is also a chance of some non-advertized FMA groups in your area. Do you have a Filipino cummunity? Is there a nearby military base? Some of the best FMA I have seen come from these so-called garage schools. I had a similar teacher that I met some time ago who trained with Master Jimmy Tacosa for years and due to the military, was transfred to Fort Lewis. He did not want a school, but a few training partners to teach and train with. He charged me $75.00 per month and I got 1 year of one on one Tacosa Serrada training from it!

Also, if there are any martial arts supply stores in your area. Go in and ask if they have had any recent customers that have indicated that they have FMA skills. You may just be suprised!

Chris A

Latest Discussions