FMAT: Beating a Grand Master

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Beating a Grand Master
By The Phalanx - 11-11-2008 08:20 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Here's something I've been wondering... It sounds childish but hey, who cares?

What if a young fighter in his prime is able to beat a Grand Master in his 50s? Someone like a pro MMA fighter...

Would that fighter still call that person Grand Master? Cause in my mind, anyone who outranks you should be able to beat you...

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What if a young fighter in his prime is able to beat a Grand Master in his 50s? Someone like a pro MMA fighter...

Would that fighter still call that person Grand Master? Cause in my mind, anyone who outranks you should be able to beat you...

Wow An old man vs a Pro MMA fighter who is most likely at least 20yrs younger.

If you beat an old grandmaster is that something to really be proud of?

Just because you can beat them does not mean they can not teach you something and from this quoted post I would hope humility.

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
A Grandmaster is still a human being and can be beaten. They can make mistakes, be hurt, get caught of guard, or simply be beaten. It is a natural thing for the human body to heal slower, reactions decrease, vision or hearing gets worse, etc. Training helps slow some of these things down.

Imagine what someone with the youthful speed, reactions, and stamina could do with the older person's knowledge and experience. They should stand on their shoulders to reach further, not beat them down.

R. McLain

Latest Discussions